JUST SAY NO!!

Posted , 6 users are following.

If whoever prescribes your medication suggests a benzodiazepine drug please tell them no and look for other options!

I weened off of 1.0 mg of Clonazepam after 3 months of taking it and have been totally off for a week after I weened off it over a 2 week period. I know I weened off too fast but I was feeling horrible on it but feel worse now obviously. Getting off this crap is a living hell and I can't believe they actually prescribe this crap and that I didn't do my homework on it but if your thinking about taking them please don't make that mistake!!

0 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Well I've been off the poison for 3 weeks now and it's definitely been an up and down week with most of my issues being head pressure for most of the day and my eyes feel like there on fire a lot. I have other issues but these are definitely the worst by far. I was hoping to make a little more progress this week but I believe I have still made some even though it's slower than I want it to be..

It's still hard to believe that any medication could actually do this to you and it's very hard for me to accept but it is what it is. I can't reiterate it enough that this stuff is poison and needs to be stayed away from at all costs. Hopefully I can have some more positive news for week 4 but I can only take it a day at a time right now and try to focus on the little victories each day may bring. I'll keep praying for anyone else going through this also and that better days are ahead for all of us.

• Posted

Hi, a little advice needed if possible. At the beginning of sept last year I was prescribed 2 weeks worth of diazepam 2mg I didn't take it every day 3x a day as I only wanted to use as needed. My anxiety was really bad. Anyway...those 40 tablets lasted me just over 6 weeks. Then, I didn't take any at all for 2 weeks. After this 2 weeks I was put on 10mg of citalopram and given another 21 diazepam 2mg tablets (on the 29th Nov) to help with side effects. It's now 28th of January and I still have 1 left. So in 8 weeks Iv not even had a weeks worth. Would it be possible to have severe withdrawal from this amount Iv taken over a period of 5 months? Or even any withdrawal at all? Some days I'd take one then not have another for 5 days then take 1 and maybe another 2 days later. This week Iv had 3 as my anxiety has been horrendous. My anxiety is pretty bad and I wake up feeling awful every morning, I feel like I'm shaking on the inside like there's a current running through my body, I get twitches all over my body now like someone's doing morse code! I dry heave at times, cry A LOT! Nervous tummy, tense. I don't know if this is my anxiety or if I'm having withdrawal from diazepam. Iv had some good days where Iv felt better but then I can dip again severely. I also take propranalol which has just been increased yesterday to 20mg 3x a day and im on 20mg of citalopram. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.