Just saying hello, new here

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi, I'm new here, so I thought I would say hello. 

I was googling the embarrassing ' female specific sweats' rolleyes, and ended up here. 

I'm 45,had a total hysterectomy 6 years ago. 

On Elleste Solo, which I've recently reduced from 2 mg to 1 mg, and using weekly pessaries. 

Daughter just gone to uni. 

Have not much energy at moment, probably a combination of menopause and empty nest!

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi coffeecup

I am age 50 post menopause, two grown up kids left home, partner works overseas 😢so sort of understand .. Maybe the reduction in hrt has made you abit sensitive aswell adjusting to lesser amount.. I dont take hrt .... Only use a vaginal cream occasionally..

Dont feel alone always come on here they are lovely ladies 😀

Jay xx

• Posted

Ah thank you Jay. 

That's lovely. 

My husband works away 2 nights a week, can't imagine how hard overseas must be for you!

• Posted

Hi coffeecup

Yeah its certainly quiet 😢 and most of the time i am okay .. Feel lost sometimes .. I see mine every three weeks or more for a weekend only..

I am from UK but live in Southern Spain .

Jay x

• Posted

Hi loads of support and help on here. Jay really great for advice on supplements very detailed info. You also learn loads about the menopause and how to deal with it. 
  • Posted

I'm new too and still missing my 2 children even though the youngest has been gone 4 years! Luckily hubby only away one night once a fortnight or so.

I have learnt loads from this forum already and found everyone friendly and very helpful.

Take care xxx

• Posted

Hi and welcome 😊 I am also new to this website, I joined two days ago.  I have already found that everyone seems to be very friendly and helpful.  It's nice to speak to and hear others stories about the menopause.  You realise you are not alone in this and that so many others have the same symptoms.  I am 50 and towards the end of perimenopause, been getting bad symptoms for the last few months, had some before but now feel so bad some days.  My three eldest children have now left home, my youngest daughter is still at home with me who is now seventeen so she is out most of the time at college or with her friends.  It does get lonely when you find yourself at home by yourself at times.  I went for a good job recently and have been offered it.  I am just worried now because apart from having these bad days with the menopause I am also suffering from gastritis after having H Pylori, this seems to be going on for so long and also anxiety.  Just worrying now as how am I going to start this new job when I get the start date if I am going to be feeling so ill.   Don't know what to do.  Tina
    • Posted

Hi Tina 😃

i found the last year of no periods ... The most emotional for me ..

i became quite anxious and needy at certain times .. It was like a pattern every six weeks, ( but had no periods) like a phantom pmt ..

i am post meno now..

I cant stress how good 100mg B6 is and B12 and solgar chaleted magnesium is .. For menopause ..

i am only cheesed off at the moment due to other annoyances going on it is not the post menopause .. 😳

Tina... Well done for being offered a job..

you want to take it... Amazing how we feel better when our mind is focuses on something else ... Go girl..

jay xx

• Posted

HI Tina 

i forgot to say... Gastritis ...

do you take the probiotic Acidophilus ? 

That helps Gastritis ..

i get the Acidophilus mega with pectin 3 billion from holland and barrett..

people bring it back for me 😃

i take Acidophilus in the morning and evening..

jay xx

• Posted

Awwww Ty Jayne,

I bought B6 100mg yesterday and also magnesium/calcium, I already take vitamin d and menopace also last week I started omega oil capsules.  

My last period was nine months ago now so I am hoping it is going to be my last, just want this over with lol.  

I find it really does help talking to people on here as they know what you are going through and give some good advice, thx once again Jayne x

• Posted

where do you get your B6 and B12 please Jay? xx
    • Posted

hi Jane

are you in Uk ? 

If so ... Holland and barrett do a Mega 100 B Complex .. ( it has other bs and 100mg of B6 ..

imuse to get Jarrows B12 from Amazon ( Jarrows Methyl 5000mcg ) cherry flavour and red label... But holland and barret may do one aswell

the highest the MCG of B12 the better ..

i also use simply supplemets site for my Vit E as thats great for menopause .

and Biovea web... They do B6 and everything ..

i live in southern spain Jane so family bring me some things out to me otherwise i get off the web.

you need at least 100mg of B6 .... Weak ones will not improve symptoms

jay xx

• Posted

vit E info for ladies who want to know 

Vitamin E

This is an important vitamin to consider at the menopause.

Over many years clinical studies have shown its effect on reducing hot flushes.

Vitamin E is also helpful for vaginal dryness and one study showed that just 400iu taken daily for between 1 and 4 months helped 50 percent of the women given supplemental vitamin E.

Although most women fear breast cancer, our biggest killer is heart disease. There is now such a wealth of information on the beneficial effects of nutrition on heart disease and unfortunately HRT has been shown to increase the risk of heart attacks and strokes.

A study published in the Lancet showed that 2000 patients with arteriosclerosis (fatty deposits in the arteries) had a 75 percent reduction in their risk of heart attack when given vitamin E.

At the time, researchers claimed that vitamin E was even more effective than aspirin in reducing heart attacks. 

• Posted

Vit B6 & B12 info for peri menopause and post menopause ..

for new ladies ..

heres some info about B6 and B12 ( B vits) 

B-Well: Why Women in Perimenopause Need B-Vitamins

Everyone needs B-vitamins for good health.

Without them we can suffer from a variety of serious ailments.

For a woman going through perimenopause, B-vitamins can be essential for effectively managing symptoms.   

Ladies lack B6 and B12 during this transisition and are quite unaware of this.

Adrenal fatigue, for example, is a common secondary condition for many women going through perimenopause.

B-vitamins support healthy adrenal function, along with calming and maintaining a healthy nervous system.

Many women also suffer with mood swings during perimenopause.

Both B12 and B6 vitamins aid in the production of neurotransmitters such as serotonin, a key brain chemical needed to stabilize moods and promote feelings of wellness and contentment.

For women who suffer with brain fog, and memory issues in perimenopause, low levels of B6 could be part of the problem.

Depression, confusion, and an inability to concentrate are all associated with B6 deficiency.

Vertigo, dizziness, and heart palpitations are also common complaints from women going through perimenopause.

All of these symptoms have been associated with (amongst other things) a B12 deficiency.

Vitamin B6 can also help with stubborn weight gain in perimenopause. It is key in the breakdown and utilization of carbohydrates, fats, and proteins in our diet, and is necessary for a healthy metabolism - both which can help manage weight.

B6 at least 100mg daily

( a good mega B 100 complex a good choice ) holland and barrett

B12 Jarrows 5000mcg cherry - red label.. 

• Posted

magnesium info for new ladies ..

useful magnesium  info .... 

i take Solgar Chaleted ( Bisglycinate) Magnesium

Magnesium bisglycinate is an essential mineral needed for more than 300 enzymatic reactions in the body.

This mineral is required for the formation of healthy bones and teeth, protein and fatty acid formation, activating B vitamins, supporting muscle activity, nerve transmission, relaxing blood vessels, clotting blood, temperature regulation and ensuring intestinal mobility also called bowel movements. 

Magnesium bisglycinate is magnesium bound to the amino acid glycine. This binding makes the magnesium highly absorbable.

For example you would have to take 4 times the amount of magnesium citrate to get the equivalent amount of magnesium bisglycinate.

The bisglycinate form of magnesium does not require stomach acid for absorption as it passes into the cell via its amino acid transport which means even those with poor digestion or absorption get the benefits.

Magnesium bisglycinate is the only magnesium shown to cross the blood brain barrier which makes it an excellent choice for aiding those with depression and/or anxiety, or migraine headaches. 

Stress of all types including chemical, emotional, hormonal or physical stress depletes magnesium from the body.

Since magnesium relaxes muscles and nerves, more magnesium is needed when you are under stress, and taken before bedtime can aid a restful sleep.

When we are under stress our adrenal glands produce cortisol which further increases acidity in the body thereby increasing the need for even more magnesium. 

Because magnesium is required in the metabolism of estrogen in the body, low levels of magnesium increases estrogen leading to estrogen dominance.

Symptoms of too much estrogen include premenstrual breast and uterine pain, headaches, backaches, premenstrual depression and mood swings. Women on the birth control pill or hormone replacement therapy also become deficient in magnesium as the drugs deplete magnesium.

Anyone with an estrogen dominant condition like endometriosis, PMS, fibroids, ovarian cysts, period problems or breast cysts need magnesium bisglycinate.

Interestingly, many women crave chocolate during their premenstrual and menstrual period. Chocolate is high in magnesium! 

Magnesium deficiency is common due to our consumption of processed foods and the depletion of magnesium from agricultural soils and water.

Magnesium supplementation can help with many conditions from high blood pressure, irregular heartbeat or heart palpitations, to insomnia, anxiety and depression to fibromyalgia, osteoporosis and leg cramps at night or following exercise.

again many people are deficient of magnesium and quite unaware ..

magnesium helps protect heart .. and is the  first line of medictaion after heart attack via paramedic or hospital via injection or IV ..

Always make sure when you are purchasing minerals that the label states whether or not the dosage is in its elemental value. This tells you if you are getting exactly what you are paying for. 

Which Magnesium Is Best?

Magnesium oxide and citrates are laxatives causing diarrhea and they are poorly absorbed.

***Magnesium bisglycinate is much better absorbed and it does not cause diarrhea.

***Magnesium bisglycinate is four times more effective than citrate forms of magnesium

• Posted

thank you Jay, yes in UK xx will go and have a search xx
    • Posted

What is Menapol Plus ? 

From simply supplements website 120 caps for approx 11.69

or amazon uk ...  Same price with free vit C ..

As women age, natural changes within the body can cause imbalances.

This invigorating herbal complex contains a unique and comprehensive blend of key ingredients that may help to ease women through this uncomfortable transitional period. 

Designed to help nourish and revive a tired body, our Menapol Plus has been specifically formulated from only the highest quality ingredients to ensure gentle yet fast and effective absorption by the body.

Taken as a daily supplement it helps the body’s systems regain a natural equilibrium and maintain a balanced state of mind and mood. 

A ground breaking formula

We invite you to try this expert formulation for women’s health.

Each Menapol Plus EasyGest capsule provides: 

Red Clover 500mg – our red clover extract is a rich source of plant oestrogens that are thought to mimic the female hormone oestrogen when in the body. 

Liquorice Extract 500mg – extracts taken from the root of the liquorice plant have been used for thousands of years in Western and Eastern cultures, particularly in traditional Chinese medicine. 

Dandelion Root 500mg – although many people consider this to be a common garden herb, dandelion root is rich in beneficial nutrients, including vitamins A, B, D, iron and magnesium. 

Acai Berry 250mg – these much-loved super-berries are considered to be one of the most nutritionally complete foods in the world and boast an ever-increasing list of benefits. 

Soya Isoflavones 20mg – naturally contains the phytoestrogens daidzein and genistein; substances that are thought to act in a similar way to the female hormone oestrogen in the body. 

Chamomile Extract 80mg – the active ingredients taken from the chamomile flower include essential oils and flavonoids, which as widely believed to offer calming effects.  

CranRich 35mg – this highly concentrated cranberry extract provides 1250mg of fresh cranberries. CranRich is made using 100% whole fruit, including the skin, seeds, fibre and juice. 

Siberian Ginseng 125mg – this popular herb is often referred to as an adaptogen, which may help to strengthen the body’s resistance to mental and physical stress, and boost energy. 

Quality and purity, guaranteed

At Simply Supplements our Menapol Plus capsules are manufactured in the UK to EU standards that guarantee quality and potency. We have rigorous quality control systems in place to test each capsule at every stage, from the sourcing of the raw materials to the finished product. 

Menapol Plus has been developed to support women experiencing perimenopause or menopause, and combines 5 of our best-selling nutrients for women’s health. This fantastic combination is popularly taken by our female customers when the early symptoms of the menopause begin to appear. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.