Just starting Citalopram today and very nervous

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hello I am new to this website/forum and I have been reading about different experiences from Citalopram which has been really making me nervous about taking it. I was prescribed 10mg but I talked with my phycolgist about how nervous I am to take it so we decided I'll only take half of it, 5mg. I felt pretty tired and yawning constantly a bit after and had to take a nap. Now here I am almost 12am and I can't sleep. I am getting more and more nervous about taking it and the side effects. I'm on it because I have had PTSD since I was 10 after my dad passed away. I'm now 18 and have become a downer and sad and depressed with a little bit of anxiety. I just want maybe some more positive feedback if there's any

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi devin. I was just prescribed 10 mg as well and was very nervous to start. About a week ago I finally decided to bite the bullet and do it. For the first 4 nights I broke my pills in half. I felt tired the first day and kind of out of it. The past week I've taken the full 110 mg and seem to wake up every night at 1230 - 130. And then sleep on and off the rest of the night. It's pretty common side effect. Maybe try taking it during the day? Other side effects I've had are tiredness and diarrhea.
    • Posted

Hello Robynhood, how was the change from 5mg to 10? I'm debating on if I should keep splitting my pills or just take the 10 I have only taken one half pill so far and just noticed myself feeling very yawny afterwards and then falling asleep during the day after I took it which resulted in no sleep last night. How are you feeling so far?

Thank you

Devin

• Posted

The increase went fine for me. I was very nervous about side effects and thought 5 mg would ease me into everything.. Just the sleeping issues with the 10 mg and being tired. Other than that I haven't really noticed a real change in mood yet

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.