just taken my first selincro, terrified of side effects?

Posted , 9 users are following.

I've registered on here because I need some support.  I have just done a very stupid thing, I've taken my first Selincro tablet and as soon as I swallowed it, I had a complete panicky "meltdown" about the side effects and promptly ran to the loo and tried to make myself sick, not very successfully...I feel so stupid and ashamed of myself.  So now I don't really know if I've had the tablet or not, this was about an hour ago. I think I feel slightly woozy so I'll have to wait and see.  I've been reading some more about Naltrexone and I really wish I had tried that first, although I don't seem to be able to see anyway of obtaining it privately online as I've done with Selincro.  I don't want to involve my GP as this is very private for me and I've known him for too long. I would be grateful to hear from anyone else on Selincro or any advice at all really.  I had already emailed Joanna from the C3 foundation earlier today, (before my stupid episode) for help and advice.

So I'll pour a glass of wine in about 1/2 an hour and I suppose I will know by how it feels if I've had the Selincro or not?

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Jayne, I've been using the Sinclair methid for two months now and can honestly say it's utterly changed my life. If you look on the C3 facebook page Joanna posted an excerpt from a mail I sent her last night.

?With regard to the side effects I have to be honest and say the first few days aren't great. I suffered from nausea for a couple of days and sleep was disturbed BUT it was 100000% worth it.

?Pretty much from day 1 the craving for booze went away and now I find going for a drink with friends and colleagues amazing enjoyable without worry and guilt.

?I would suggest keeping in touch with people who can give a little bit of support during the first few days but it is so worth it in the end.

?By the way i'm doing the same as you sourcing the Selincro prescription via a reputable online pharmacy. I'm planning on moving to Naltraxone at some point but to be honest i'm mega lazy and haven't bothered to jump through the hoops to order from the US yet.

All the best

Steve

• Posted

morning Steve, thank you for posting this and also to Joanna for bringing it to my attention.  I am so glad and heartened to hear of your experience.

I have to say that there is no way I can take another Selincro, I have never experienced anything like that, I really thought I might die during the early hours of this morning.  I am going to pull out all the stops and get onto Naltrexone as soon as possible, because I so determined to make TSM work for me, but I cannot do it with Selincro. Good luck to everyone having success with it, it seems that our reactions and severity of side effects differ dramatically.

Today, I have just managed to get out of bed and sip a cup of tea very slowly. The nausea and "out of body" feeling is hideous, but I am still getting "on the case" to get that Naltrexone. I so want to be a success story like you and so many others on here.  Thanks to everyone for their input.

• Posted

Hi Jayne, Hmm yes the first day for me was grim though I think I was lucky with my side affects compared to others.

?Very glad you're going to go ahead with the Naltrexone. One bit of advise i'd give is try and go out for a drink with someone who you can talk to and talk over how you're feeling.

?I was out with a mate from work last night who was flabbergasted and impressed that I drink 3 pints over the whole evening to his six and I can honestly say I enjoyed it more than I used to because I didn't have the dread or worry that it would tip me over into a binge that could last the whole weekend.

All the best

Steve

• Posted

Hi Jayne, from what I hear the side effects of Nalmafrene (Selincro) are mild for most and very short lived 3 -5 days and certainly worth it. 

Stick with it & please report in ...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.