just told I have a large solid mass on my liver

Posted , 7 users are following.

I noticed that my right side of my stomach area is perusing out and the other night it was so hard I thought it would pop. I also have been having shortness of breath. My eyes are not yellow, but I am fatigued. I had an MRI and it showed a large solid mass. The Dr does not know if it is cancerous but said he would have to be removed either way. Today I had blood work done, 9 viles! I guess from that they can tell it is cancer or not. I don't know anyone who has had that so I am looking for some input, I am really scared and Dr said he will see me on 9/15 to see if cancerous. I am 62 and I drink white wine and have drank 2 glasses od white wine for the last 40 years. Can anyone tell me what I am up against. I just don't know how I can wait until the 15th without losing it. My husband is a great support. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Ar

4 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Arlene about a year ago i was diagnosed with a fatty mass on my liver after a scan, like you feel very fatigued all the time, discomfort and sometimes pain under my right rib, Not sure if what they found with me is the same as you or not, i dont drink but id been a eater of fatty foods and chocolates which are a no no. My eyes arnt yellow either.  I can appreciate your worry and concern right now.  Hope someone else can answer your question and put you at ease. presume you mean 9/15 as in September this year in 5 days time? id def try and cut out the drink as sugar will only cause more inflammation and irritate your live rnow its gottssn so tender. Let us know how you get on wont you.

Sue

• Posted

Thank you Sue, that is my sisters name also. Today is only the 4th so I have 11 days before the verdict. I have been on pins and needles and just freaking out. I have been reading a lot and playing on facebook and taking naps with my pets, but 11 days, oh my. Thank you Sue for your response I truly appreciate it and you are so kind. Arlen
    • Posted

The Dr office called me yesterday to come in today to go over the results. I am so scared.
  • Posted

I went to the doctor for the same thing..It feels like something is trying to push out from under your right rib.  He told me it was caused by bloating and everything is trying to fit in one space but because of the buildup of fat on my liver the area is cramped and limited. I was also told loose weight.  On the BMI chart I'm considered obese. (short and a bit chunky)  I've eliminated alcohol but that was easy because I'm not much of a drinker anyway and have been eating  whole wheat products and juicing.  Since I was diagnosed a little over a month ago I've lost just over 10 pounds. I was told NOT to loose weight too fast because this will actually make it worst. I'm glad you've got a good support system because if people don't physically "see" symptoms they think you're fine. 

All the best

Sunni

• Posted

Thank youvSunnii# I had an appointment for next Tuesday to go over the bloodwork. They called me yesterday and want me in today. I went to bed at dinner time last night because I was so scared of what the results might be tomorrow and just needed to be alone. I have given all my worries to the Lord, but even though I have faith, I am still scarded. Thanks for replting. I am shirt also, 5 feet and weigh 135. Arlene
    • Posted

Hope everything goes okay by the way get off the Wheat nothing gluten anymore drink a lot of water juicing is great but make sure you wash the vegetables the pesticides do more than you think, and eat the right fats
    • Posted

hi,

Wheat actually doesn't seem to bother me only white bread.  I  cook my vegtables first and use the liquid from cooking.  I only have a regular blender right now so fresh doesn't blend down too good.  An actual juicer is in the works. As for drinking water...lol.. That's all I pretty much drink.  I don't like fruity juice but I might have cranberry if I have a water infection. I have been drinking more peppermint tea as that helps me with the gas and bloating.  Along with DIVI I also have Liver Disease so I have to take that diet into consideration too.  Often what's on my liver diet contradicts the DIVI diet so for me the food options can be very limited.  especially when I have a flare up.

Sunni

• Posted

Your diet sounds just like mine if you don't mind me asking what is your liver disease I have a real small light colored lesion I might have already mentioned on my upper right lobe of liver and a small cyst in my kidney not talking me any pain or bloating there are only one to two millimeters they think its a cyst not sure exactly what kind but getting an MRI in two weeks just to confirm and a tumor marker tests to rule out cancer hopefully I am getting older at 47 now so maybe some cysts are normal here does this constitute liver disease, can you help me in that area to understand
    • Posted

I just turned forty and think I hit some kind of switch because I've only been diagnosed with all of this since then..lol. 

I have NAFLD (Non Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease)  I'm overweight and love my carbs.  I'm also being screened for Hemochromatosis which is a condition where your body doesn't excrete iron normally and overloads on it.  It can also cause liver problems.

• Posted

Thank you for letting me know I don't know much about the overproduction of iron in the body. Would you mind telling me some of the symptoms that that can cause. I will also look it up if you don't have time understand. Maybe that man has something to do with that or just a big fatty mass, I hope things turn out okay again let us know thank you.
    • Posted

It can cause fatigue, arthritis, joint pain, nausea, headaches, thinning hair, thyroid problems, liver problems... to name a few. If you google it there is loads of information.  You have to be genetically tested as it's a hereditary disease.  If your ferritin levels are elevated it can be a sign that you may have it.  a woman's normal levels is between 75 and 150.  Mine right now is 307. Though I know of people in the "HH" forum on here who's numbers are in the 1000's.

This is how I actually stumbled across this forum.  I was told I had high iron and when I goggled that the "HH" came up as a possible cause and a link to this site.  I registered and am very happy I did.  Lot's of great info and support on here for a variety of things.

• Posted

I just looked it up and you can also get it a couple of other ways to besides hereditary I've been having the same symptoms for a while is there any chance you've ever heard of discomfort in the pancreas area due to this condition as it says does affect the heart and pancreas as well, do you think in early signs could be a small possible cyst in the liver and right kidney
    • Posted

I'm not sure about the pancreas but if you google WebMD you should find the answer.
    • Posted

I don't know if that would constitute liver cancer, I am new to this also and waiting to see surgeon on Tuesday. I still haven't found out if cancerous but will know once I have surgery. The waiting is what is so hard.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.