just told I have a large solid mass on my liver

Posted , 7 users are following.

I noticed that my right side of my stomach area is perusing out and the other night it was so hard I thought it would pop. I also have been having shortness of breath. My eyes are not yellow, but I am fatigued. I had an MRI and it showed a large solid mass. The Dr does not know if it is cancerous but said he would have to be removed either way. Today I had blood work done, 9 viles! I guess from that they can tell it is cancer or not. I don't know anyone who has had that so I am looking for some input, I am really scared and Dr said he will see me on 9/15 to see if cancerous. I am 62 and I drink white wine and have drank 2 glasses od white wine for the last 40 years. Can anyone tell me what I am up against. I just don't know how I can wait until the 15th without losing it. My husband is a great support. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Ar

4 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Awww Arlene, i do hope the doctor has reassured  you. Do if you feel able to do so let us know the outcome. Hope everything is ok for you

Sue x

• Posted

Well I went in for a colonoskpy and a endoscopy (sp) to determine if possible cancer went from colon and/or stomach and then to liver.  It turns out that it did NOT and that my mass is contained in one area of the liver, the size of the golf ball.  They do not know whether it is cancerous or not.  On Sept. 22, 2015, I go in to see the surgeon who will take the mass out of the liver and to schedule a date to do the surgery.  Because the mass is contained in one area, whether it is cancerous or not, they will be able to remove all of the mass and then the liver will rejenurate by itself.  So it is definately great news!!  The power of prayer is unbelieveable!  Thank you all!  I will let you know after the surgery whether it was cancerous or not.
  • Posted

I was so nervous for you when I read your post.

You are a strong lady....I believe in prayer as well.

From what I read and you last post that you have no signs anywhere else...it seems contained and describing a golf ball is a shape.  That sounds like a good sign from what I read.  A distinct shape is better than a tumor with irregular form.

I will pray for you too...this story scared me and I felt for you....when I read this...stay calm...God is on your side..

• Posted

Thank you so much Missy for your kind words and prayers, that means alot to me. I go to surgeon on Tuesday to schedule when they want to remove the mass. The Lord and my husband are my rock. DI'd you ever have liver surgery? I just hope it isn't a long stay in the hospital, one day is too long for me!!!
  • Posted

No Arlene I never had surgery but I had "spots" on my liver found during a CT of my lungs....spots on lungs too....

I was FREAKED out...I know exactly how you felt when they told you...body shakes...flight or fight kicks in..you don't know where to turn...and you feel absolutely POWERLESS.

Mine turned out to be cysts or nodules according to them and I had to have follow ups every 6 months to check their growth so I was in a panic most of the time.

So when you wrote liver "MASS" I could feel MY own heart racing for YOU.

I immediately went to google..I always am researching this stuff..because I have alot of "weird" things going on with me...I am 51.  I wanted to find you an answer.

But, very vague...but I did like I said see usually when contained and shaped...rather than irregular bengign. 

The 22 seems so far away....its all weekend....I would want it done TODAY.

Well...I probably would be torn too....about that.

Try to enjoy the weekend. I know for me after the intial shock I started to try and think positive...medicine is much better than back in the day...they will fix me....so try to think the same way.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.