Just wanna feel normal again!!

Posted , 9 users are following.

This is my first time ever posting about my panic attacks but I'm hoping talking to people who actually have the same issues can help. For the past two weeks my panic attacks have been out of control and consuming my life. I don't leave the house unless I need to take my kids out. I get chest and throat pressure, I shake, heart races, blood pressure shoots up, headaches, palpitations, hard to breathe, arms and legs tingle, face and neck flushes and I always feel like I'm going to die and leave my kids orphans. All day all I think about is the panic and when it will be back and my attacks are sometimes all day long. I've never felt so helpless in my life and I'm used to being in control of everything smh. I was really hoping to avoid meds but at this point I feel like I may need to give in. I been to the er twice and at least I know it's not my heart. Ok I think I've covered all my symptoms (ughhh) please tell me I'm not the only one 😣

3 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi no your not the only one I also suffer health anxiety I feel your pain and symptoms I hate it
  • Posted

My way to stop panic attacks is stop thinking negative think about something positive images being relax without worrying and just sit distract your mind with a tv show or something and if you are outside concentrated in the present in what you are doing like if you at the store doing grocery and you feel panicky concentrated your mind in the food your buying read the letter of the food talk to someone about food. Different type of bread just do something to keep your mind off the panic hope this help is helping me I was at restaurants eating the other day and I feel like a panic was coming my chest hurt and everything I was about to run to the bathroom but in my mind I said wait a minute is a panic attack I won't let it get me so I started to look at my food focus on my food how good it was enjoy my food and talking to my friends how delicious that food was and the panic and bad thoughts went away I feel normal again

• Posted

Yes I'm definitely always thinking of the panic, I will try to focus elsewhere.

• Posted

hello...you're far from alone.  if you can avoid meds that would be ideal but you may need so i'd recommend discussing with your doctor or maybe you've already done so.  you need to get to the root of your problem which ultimately is worry.  i can certainly empathize with your symptoms and then some.  i used to have panic attacks and have suffered from generalized anxiety disorder since late teens...i'm 41 now.  there have been stretches in my life where i've felt fine...for years...but everytime anxiety, stress and worry becomes routine i develop the typical symptoms along with new ones that are common with anxiety.  it's been so bad in some cases to where i had severe balance issues and tremors, constant sweating, etc...but everytime i've focus on addressing the underlying issue which is stress and worry and eventually they'd subside.  it doesn't come overnight though...typically 6mos to a year for each episode my case.  i'd focus on relaxing, not being a workaholic, exercise, eating better, not drinking 5 cups of coffee a day etc...  i've tried SSRIs and was given klonopin for intense episodes which worked.  if i could go back i would've only taken the klonopin when needed.  likewise, i'm not a fan of such medications.  anyway, see your doctor..discuss your concerns...then focus on relaxing as hard as that sounds.  also, exercise helps tremendously even going for walks.  slowly cut caffeine and only consume in the morning if possible and get at least 7-8hrs rest.  when i had my panic attack episodes...my lifestyle at the time...i was getting about 4-5hrs of sleep daily.  anyway, good luck.  again, all your symptoms are classic panic attack symptoms.  eventually, i was able to mentally will them away when you realize you're not going to die from them. 

• Posted

Thank you it really helps to know I'm not the only one .

• Posted

I am dealing with the same, I don't know how or where it has come from but it's the worst thing I have ever had in my life, constantly stressing getting myself worked up thinking something is wrong with me, I am dying and that my kids will be left alone, I still havnt got my head around it all so I wish I could help, but you are not the only one,

• Posted

Yes, it's the worst feeling, my kids probably think I'm a nut at this point lol.

• Posted

you not the only one i also have the same feelings, but on top of that i deal with DEPERSONALISATION AND DEREALISATION, is like hell. what medc did the doctors prescribed you?
    • Posted

Vistaril and a beta blocker but of course I'm too scared to take either.

• Posted

I know what you have been through, but my advice to you is to admit it just a panick attack and it can not harm you. I already have like 6 times of panick attack through last year. And now i still have anxiety, the best way to deal with panick attack is to talk to counsellor.
  • Posted

Hello i suffered exact symtoms but I needed help from doc and it slowly helping my hand and very also got clamy feet also I have had it since Nov and getting there
    • Posted

Yup I keep getting the cold clam my feet too, I need to see a different Dr one who knows how to deal with panic and anxiety.
  • Posted

your not alone thats exactly how i feel. I was so scared when i got my first panic attack, horrible, felt all the symptoms you felt. Then after the panic attacks came anxiety always. I was taking pills for my anxiety and it helped alot. I also went to a psychologist and she helped me alot. Your not alone, I had all your symptoms, hope this helped.
    • Posted

I need to find a psychologist asap I feel they would be able to help me better than a regular doctor, thank you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.