Just wanna feel normal again!!

Posted , 9 users are following.

This is my first time ever posting about my panic attacks but I'm hoping talking to people who actually have the same issues can help. For the past two weeks my panic attacks have been out of control and consuming my life. I don't leave the house unless I need to take my kids out. I get chest and throat pressure, I shake, heart races, blood pressure shoots up, headaches, palpitations, hard to breathe, arms and legs tingle, face and neck flushes and I always feel like I'm going to die and leave my kids orphans. All day all I think about is the panic and when it will be back and my attacks are sometimes all day long. I've never felt so helpless in my life and I'm used to being in control of everything smh. I was really hoping to avoid meds but at this point I feel like I may need to give in. I been to the er twice and at least I know it's not my heart. Ok I think I've covered all my symptoms (ughhh) please tell me I'm not the only one 😣

3 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I completely understand. I've recently suffered another episode of panic attacks that lasted about 3 weeks. I just got put on Xanax. It seems to help but my body is confused. I think I feel better but then I start panicking again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.