Just when I thought things were getting better 😢

Posted , 8 users are following.

After joining the forum the other day I felt more at ease because I feel like I'm not alone and everyone has good ideas on how to feel better. I actually had a good weekend and I saw my friend who's having a baby in January and it put a smile on my face and I thought I want in the future with my boyfriend. But today things changed, I felt sad and teary again and had more thoughts of taking an overdose, I'm fed up of feeling like this I don't no how much longer I can take it. Not sleeping, I can't stop eating, I've been constantly ill past 3 weeks. My worst fear is loosing ones I love and letting my mum down. I'm trying to build up courage to go back to the doctors but I just can't bare the thought of them turning me away again. Do I? Dont i? What to do?? 

2 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I'm sorry you're feeling so bad. Things are always up and down. Today you're having a bad day, but let's not forget that you had a good weekend. I know it sucks to get back to feeling bad, but as long as you're having good days, you're moving forward. You're making progress. Don't forget that!

It's hard to go back to the doctor when you had such a negative experience. But, not all are bad and some actually want to help you. Have you tried finding more info on the net or maybe asking if anyone knows anyone good?

Please don't give up. Things are gonna get better. Sending you my best wishes xx

• Posted

Yeah I'm just trying to re capture that feeling from the weekend and not having to put a fake smile on, actually felt happy it's been a long time. No I think I will phone them soon and ask my boyfriend to come with me. Thankyou 
    • Posted

That's a good idea! I'm sure your boyfriend being there with you will help a lot! It's always easier to have someone by your side. The best of luck xx
  • Posted

Undoubtably go & put your case forward, either the dr or to another health care professional . . 

Try & be brave & don't be fobbed off by a dismissive & lazy dr, also you most definitely are not letting your mum down, as how you are feeling is not currentley in your control. Try to be kind to yourself (I do empathise,) as I had a slightly similar episode a whole back, & take care. x

• Posted

I'm just worried they will turn me away again I built up the courage to tell them everything and they made me feel worse and just said it was a phase. Even though I went to them a few years ago about feel down and self harm and they turned me away then too
    • Posted

There is so much ignorance around mental health, I work in the NHS & witness poor treatment in self harm & the like, so I really think that you need to be referred to a counsellor or simply present yourself at a local A&E ?? (If you've reached that point)!

Bw

• Posted

My doctor did give me a website and told me to reefer myself but I haven't got a clue what I'm doing. I don't see how they could help would they not just turn me away and tell me to see my GP? 
    • Posted

No darlin, they've got a duty of care to do what they can in 'your best interests'. . 

Try & give it a go, but I'm surprised that you haven't been prescribed any medication??

• Posted

Like I said doctor said it was just a phase and he didn't want to put me on any medication. 
  • Posted

What made your day turn for the worse today? If you over eat that can make you sick. I know there are foods that help with depression, i believe noodles is one of them. Stop eating foods that can bring you down and eat foods that make you stronger. I wish I knew what they are but noodles is the only one I can think of and other foods can bring you down. What type of illness are you feeling? Not sleeping will make things worse. Can you talk to a nutrionist? Keep exercising and getting that fresh air. Hurting yourself will hurt others in the long run and they will have to live with it.  My cousin fights with the loss of her mom everyday.  Just keep telling your self that you are strong and that you want to live.  Maybe someone can recommend a doctor in your area, I'm in Oregon, USA.  If you are sick with something that might be the cause of the sadness. Gall stone pain makes me sad and angry but I knew I could get it, my mom had it and so did my Uncle on the other side of the family. Can you explain your illness, three weeks of it is to long.
    • Posted

I have no idea, I don't no if it's work, Monday blues or just fed up. I am a very fussy eater always have been, I snack on chocolate and sweets all the time, I go through a major binge but then I feel unwell after I've eaten. I think I'm ill from not sleeping and my immune system is down, it started with tonsillitis, then turned jn to a cold then sinusitis then another cold and now a stomach bug 
    • Posted

Stomach bugs are no fun. I had one in April and had to go to the Emerency room because I was dehidrated.  I'm a fuss eater too but that is because most foods make me sick or throw up.  I would lay off the chocolate and see if that helps. Just got back on the sweets and she if it helps. Try taking probiotics it helped me and my daughter when we had a bug. When I went of vacation this summer I took it each day, it helped a lot.  No more binge eating, it doesn't help you in the long run. Try small meals through out the day. We all have our comfort food but they can turn on us and make us miserable.  Make a goal for yourself today. My goal even though it is small is to fix the whole in my daughters stuff animal, I have been putting it off. I wanted to teach her to do it but I now fixing it myself will make me feel happy and then I will get a huge hug and big kiss from her.  Keep me updated.  One day at a time.
  • Posted

I think you should go spend close quality time with your boyfriend and then go see the doctor together. You might feel alone at times and that life is not worth living but try to remember that there is people there for yoh even when it feels like there is not. Killing your self is not an escape. How would you feel if your lover killed him self or a family member did. Spend time with your boyfriend go out as much as you can and go see the docotors even if u fewl silly about it. I put off seeing my docotor for so long and it messed me up even more. Make sure u write the stuff  down about how you feel you dont forget.   Sorry for any poor spelling in advance ttping this from a phone on a buss.

• Posted

I will spend more time with him, I wouldn't like it if anything happened to any of them. Yes someone told me to keep a diary to see if there's a pattern, that's okay thanks 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.