Just when you thought things were getting better....

Posted , 9 users are following.

I actually thought I was turning a corner today and bang tonight I feel so upset and feel like my world is literally crashing onto top of me.

Why can't I just be happy, why does this always take control of me.....cry

2 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I really did think I was on my way up for a bit, its just brings me down so quickly and I am back to square one,  thank you all for your support I just needed someone to tell me I am not going mad!! xx
    • Posted

Here's to all of us currently feeling the pinch or having rocks thrown at us, being in a MUCH better place next year.  If I win the lottery, better yet the euromillions on a rollover week, I'll send you all a big cheque each so we can get happy together smile.  I don't enjoy Christmas much anymore either, too expensive and too stressful but here's hoping for at least a calm and uneventful time with no more bad luck for any of us. xxx thank you all for listening.
  • Posted

I know just how you feel.  I was off work for 3 months trying to get off of 225 mg of Effexor that was actually making my depression worse.  I thought I was a new person and happy for once in my life.  I went back to work and within a few hours bamm all of it was back.  So my depression I take it is due to the job I do.  I did read that suicide feelings are not that we want to die and leave our loved ones or to be off of this so called earth we live in.  but that we just want out of the pain that we are in.  I had never thought of it that way.  so the big question is how do we get out of this pain physically and mentally.... I don't think drugs is the answer they scare me to death since I got off of the effexor...  Keep your chin up and live one moment at a time that is what I am trying to do....
    • Posted

Your right about the bloody drugs I'm still going through hell withdrawals after being off Effexor for two weeks. The drugs never helped me they just made it all so much worse and now also left with a screwed up liver and adrenal gland problems due to taking them bloody things for 32 years. I will never go to a doctor ever again lost all faith in them and bloody hopeless phyciatrist that diagnosed me with bipolar and personality disorder when in fact I don't have any of them disorders 
    • Posted

I'm so in agreement with you Michael.  I was raised to have respect for those 'in authority' like doctors, police, etc., and tried to believe that obviously there are good and bad in all walks of life but as doctors do so many years of training and continual professional development, I should defer to their greater knowledge.  The issue has a lot to do with the fact that they become arrogant due to that long training and knowledge gathering and just don't listen to patients who often know their own body better than the 'experts'.  I understand that they must get very fed up with patients with very little medical knowledge looking something up quickly on the internet and going in armed with a mess of confusing and sometimes wrong information.  However, when we are suffering specific symptoms and all knowledgeable commentary points to it being as a result of a specific medication, why the heck won't they sit up and pay attention?  I am now at a point where I'm almost scared to visit the doctors because I feel intimidated and unable to get my point across and end up with a bloody prescription for yet another toxic drug which probably does more harm than good.  I now visit a homeopathic health food store locally and the owner is excellent, he listens, discusses and doesn't push stuff onto me just to get me out of the door.  
  • Posted

Can I try to turn this round?

I get like this as well.. Feel happy then something a simple as dropping something means that "it was meant to be a bad day" so I finish on a bad note.

How about turning your comments

"I was turning a corner today" (something is ready to change)

"I got some bad news today at work"

into

"I was turning a corner today and got some life changing news at work.

So now I know what corner I am going to turn into!" (i've got to change my work)

• Posted

Hey Gillian how are you doing now....Gillian let me tell you something....life is like a test....everyone goes through their own way....it's not going to be easy but you can either fall with it or you can use it against itself and thrive from it...you are never alone...always remember that....God is always there for you....he is the only one who will ever understand what you are going through....he loves you and just wants to help....trust him....Jesus loves you....God bless!!
  • Posted

This may be happen due to lack of concentration on your work. If you are thinking you are losing control try and take Confido tablet which will overcome this problem

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.