Just wondering how everyone is doing ?

Posted , 10 users are following.

Haven't been around the forum lately but that's not to say I haven't been sticking to the plan smile 

Just into my 4th week and have lost 10lb.

I've been on meal replacements for 2meals with apples and satsumas in between and something low fat/calorie for dinner, I am concerned that I'm not taking in enough calories as 10lb isn't really a lot when all the work I've done is considered, I started weighting 101.5 kg and now I'm 98 ( my maths isn't fab on conversion lol,  but having been the worlds biggest 'scoffer' I've changed sooo much, there isn't a single food/treat anything that I crave -apart from satsumas,absolutely love them!

The small amount of weight that I've lost isn't showing as yet, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for next wed ( that's when I weigh myself). But it's defiantly coming off-albeit a lot slower than I was hoping smile 

Shelagh xxx 

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi there smile

Any loss must be a positive.  Think im a similar kg but not great on conversion myself. 

Only on day 3 for ne so im new. But well done on 10lb id b chuffed smile

• Posted

Wow that's super weight loss. It is better to go down on the scales than up. 

I'm hitting week 3 but can't say where I am as I'm so bloated with PMT,  keep up the good work. 

I know we want it off quickly but it took a while to go on so guess we have to wait for it to come off. 

• Posted

Hi 10 is fab its my 4 week weigh in tomoro, im dreading it incase they dont give me my next lot ov pills, ive stuck to the allowances no bother and not really craving anything inbetween, i snack on nectarines bananas and jelly but ive started the gym and done 2 hour workouts every other day and walked my dog power walking for an hour and 10 mins on the days im not at gym, plus housework and gardening etc lol, the guy at gym says i wont loose weight but coz im toning up the fat will turn to muscle (not sure if thats true). But should see weight loss soon, my fingers and toes r crossed ive lost something and i get next batch lol xxxx
  • Posted

Be happy that's a great loss 😄 , I've just been for my 2nd weigh in , wasn't looking forward to it as it's 9 days to early as my dr going on holiday.

not only that got the dread pmt.😁

My dr great she no's I retain water , 7lb normally .

So when the scales only said 1kg, we could have a laugh realise that is I was weighed next week . It would be a truer reading.

So the moral of the story don't get weighed to early and never in pmt week 😊

• Posted

That wud be miraculous pregnancy as i had a hysterectomy in 2007 meaning they took away all my inside lady parts lol xxx
    • Posted

Omg how thick am I , it's the lack of sugar  honest .

Nar it's just me being thick ha ha 

• Posted

Haha bless ya, my sons just came in my room eating a HUGE aero lol, waving it infront ov me but choc dosnt bother me anymore but it smelt yummy hahaha xxxx
    • Posted

Now to me that's a killer chocolate oh I do miss my chocolate .

Don't want any fancy thornton's or green and black , just a good old slab of dairy milk . Omg what's your son doing me I can almost taste it from here 😣

• Posted

10lb is a great loss but of course as individuals we always expect more smile but be happy, very happy, with the loss.

You mentioned meal replacement? Do you mean shakes? You will be surprised on all the things you can eat for each meal and keep it to the 3 and have fruit in between for snacks as you are doing so maybe try to add those in and see how you go xx

• Posted

That is a brill result! my 4 weeks is up on saturday and so far have lost 2lbs, not impressed but its better than the 4 weeks before : (

I am following SW plan and also taking the pills, but this past week I have cut my calorie intake down to 1200, to help kick start this blooming reluctant body into action : ))

• Posted

Wow there's loads of enthusiasm in here smile love it! 

Yes of course I'm pleased.. 

I only have 2 meal replacements as I don't do breakfast (yes I know)  I really don't fancy any food at all, salad got boring fast,  even tried juicing greens for my micro nutrients.. Big big mistake lol was horrible and I vomited! 

So on another note .. Whe you're looking at food packets, -and I know we all do it now haha the quip 'nip to the shop' has turned into a 20 minute mission... What are you all looking at?  I won't eat anything over 2g of fat, I know we can eat more but I can't always work it off with my knee playing up,

And is anyone else getting spots? Cleanest I've ever lived and I keep getting the odd one or two

Hope you guys are having the same positive mental attitude that comes with healthy eating, it really is a boost like no other xxxx 

• Posted

Hi Shelagh, thats a flipping brilliant loss.  I picked up that you your doing meal replacements is that with shakes? xx

• Posted

Yes hen and honestly it's no effort in this weather - I compared a few ( including juice plus) and I've found that super drugs own brand is the best for me ( think it's £3.19) for 12 'meals' might be cheaper actually, sports direct sell the shaker cups for £1.99 too so easy to have on the go.slim fast is almost twice the price but superdrug is like 3 calories more, I use skimmed milk and 3 scoops instead of 4 to lower the fact content a bit , strawberry one is gorgeous !!

• Posted

dont you get hungry? im just curious nothing else, I used to do slim fast and cambridge same sort of thing i think. i just remeber being really hungry. xx
    • Posted

Nah not this time as I reallllly want it!  In the past I have been 

I watched a couple of films the other night as I couldn't sleep: 

*fat,sick and nearly dead 

* hungry for change 

Both were on Netflix and although they juice it's very very inspiring, also a thought of tips in there to help however you lose the weight x

• Posted

Brill it is working for ya hun, your doing really well, I dont think my will power could do it. I want a meal on a plate lol.  My partner did lighterlife and he did lose weight but since he has put it back on and now suffers with IBS.  So we have joined SW and I take the blue bullets to help, as I have alot of weight to shift!

I love watching the documentaries on fat people I love to see the outcome of it all.

xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.