Keep seeing double vision

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,

Does anyone know what keeps causing double vision? When I read on the PC or read text on the TV I keep seeing ghosting or like a shadow all the time. I am short sighted so I don't know if that's anything to do with it. I've seen two doctors and a paramedic and they both said I am fine. I've been to see the opticians and they said my vision is fine so I am out of ideas what to do next. 

Any advice would be helpful

Thanks

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Unbelievable. You would think the best people to help you would be doctors or opticians. But no they just say everything is fine, when it really isn't. Not for the person it concerns anyway. It's just fine for them, it just means they can send you on your way. I have suffered from double vision and halos plus blurred vision for years especially when reading on lap top, mobile or tv. They don't even tell you that's what the problem might be. Just to put your mind at rest. They just leave you to worry.

Best wishes.

• Posted

I dont believe ghosting is the same as double vision.
    • Posted

Yeah, the paramedic said if I was actually seeing double I would be feeling sick or actually being sick. The paramedic was more helpful than my doctor. I've been getting it for about 6 weeks now. 

• Posted

Thanks for the replies. I see it both with my glasses and without. It makes me laugh the opticians convinced me that buying glasses will help but it hasn't made much of a difference. I even went back and said I keep seeing these ghosting images and he pretty much didn't want to know now you've given them your money. I'm only seeing it on text and nothing else. Maybe it is just spending too much time on my phone and PC etc. The paramedic ran tests as well as my blood pressure and everything is fine. Everyone I spoke to doesn't know what is causing them. My doctor doesn't think my headaches is anything to do with them but the paramedic thinks they are linked to the migraines but even when I am feeling ok I still keep seeing this weird vision. 

• Posted

The opticians said to me that my eyes are fine and nothing was said since. My doctor checked my eyes and said everything seems ok so I really don't know what to do next.

• Posted

Well they said that I am short sighted and that I should use glasses while I am on my PC. She looked at the back of my eyes and everything was normal and that's about it.

• Posted

My eyes feel dry all the time. I do use a eye spray and it helps little bit but I still see it. I guess I just have to live with it and it might go away.
    • Posted

What is good for dry eyes is preservative free liquifilm eye drops used regularly, the spray usually has preservative in which can affect your eyes negatively. I used to get inflammation on my inner lid from preservative in my contact lens solution. Try also putting a flannel with a bit of warm water over your eyes or you can buy eye masks that you heat up. But if your vision gets any worse ask to see an opthalmologist, who can do proper eye tests that your optician and GP won’t be able to. You could possibly be developing a cataract. Have you had any trauma to your eye or head?
    • Posted

Hi, 

Did you get your eye pressure checked. It could be one reason. If it is so, then it is always good to get it under control to protect your vision for the future. 

• Posted

I'm thinking about asking for another test. I just notice it when I am looking on any sort of screens. Maybe my eyes are just sensitive to the light from the screens.  

• Posted

I heard that steroid eye drops should help as it helped someone else when they were seeing ghosting vision. I am seeing my doctor next week so I will ask if they can give me something like that. I've never had trauma or anything like that before. My doctor thinks I've got Occipital Neuralgia so that could be causing me to see ghosting. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.