keep worrying!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi ladies, i am the keepsmiling lady that is not smiling lately. I guess it is really good to talk to other ladies, but my problem is i recently had a sacrohysteropexy and i keep worrying weather it is going to last me for the rest of my life! i am 48 years old at the end of the year and my surgeon said it is a very robust repair and will not need re doing. My problem is i keep worrying and i am going through menopause which is not helping. Are there any ladies out there who have had a sacrohysteropexy at my age or younger or someone that has this surgery done years ago?I would love to chat to you about your experience etc. I have this fear that in the future i will have to have a hysterectomy still and a anterior and posterior repair as well. I have a mild bladder prolapse and wonder if that is going to get worst in time! I am doing pelvic floor exercises to help with this but i am fearing the knife again. It does not help when i keep reading all the pain and suffering that is going on with repair jobs. Are there any ladies out there that is doing well after a bladder/posterior repair? Perhaps you have had it done years ago? How are you feeling now? I really suffered bad mentally with my recent surgery about 10/11 weeks ago. I feel alone and scared about the future. My doctor said i will just have to put up with the menopause symtoms but it is affecting me so badly! I feel anxious, depressed, and sometimes just want to switch off from everything. I am not sure if all the prolapse problems started it or did the menopause? Does anyone have some wise words of wisdom to help with my worry about prolapse and menopause? Perhaps i am having a bad menopause moment maybe?

1 like, 31 replies

31 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello Keepsmiling

I got your message just now and hope you are doing okay. I will be back on the forum shortly to responde to you privately and on the forum. I am just in the middle of finishing up some paper work. Glad to hear from you and I will be back on shortly to talk with you.

Lynn

• Posted

Hello Keep Smiling

I want you to keep smiling and stop worrying so much about everything. The more you worry, the more you cause your body to go into panic mode and sick to the stomach. Now, once your tests are over, you will have the results soon enough. Until then what is the use of worrying? What are you going to gain by doing that. Now get away from those negative thoughts and do something positive. As I mentioned before there are lots of natural remedies to help you with menopause. Before anyone tries any of the following you must check with your family doctor to make sure the natural remedy does not interfere with you current medications. Now, for hot flashes, some women take Black Cohosh and that seems to help. Others take flaxseed oil or evening primrose oil. Sage tea is another one and my favourite that I like is Vitimin C and Vitimin E. If you talk to the doctor he could prescribe some very low dose of estrogen cream or other type of cream or patch. Keep Smiling , you must never sit and dwell about things that haven't even happened. In order to avoid getting depressed, talk to the doctor about the natural remedies for menopause, if you need help just to get you over the hump of the difficult period of menopause. Do you exercise, because walking is a fantastic remedy for menopause? I walk at least 2 miles a day. Walking with good posture also helps a prolapse bladder. Have you got any hobbies that you can concentrate on and get involved in. Again, its all about getting away form yourself and your negative thoughts and concentrating on something that brings you joy or happiness. For instance, when I am at the home taking care of my mother , feeding her and walking her, I don't have time to think about myself. Thats the best therapy in the world , to help someone else. You completely forget about your own worries and feel much better. There is nothing to fear but fear itself, so stop worrying and keep smiling, thats your name on this forum, so you better live up to it (ha ha). We are always here to lend a kind word or help make you feel better. So hope you feel better and look into those natural remedies.

Blessings to you

Lynn

• Posted

Hi Keep Smiling,

I appreciated Linda's information. You keep your head up. Definitely find something to keep you busy, Something you like to do orsomeone that needs a visitor.

Let us know your results. We want to know how to encourage you and others too.

Blessings,

Janice

• Posted

Hope you are doing okay too Janice. How are you feeling and what about your husband? How is he coming along. I keep you both in my prayers along with others who need a few prayers too. I hope you are feeling okay and you are coming along with your recovery.

Hugs and blessings to you too

Lynn

• Posted

Hi Lynn,

We are both doing well. I continue to heal with very little indication as to my recent "rest".

My husband is also fine. He still is symptom free and will have another MRI in November to monitor the growth to decide on the next step.

Hope you are doing well and your Mother too.

XX

Janice

• Posted

Hello Janice,

Thank you for your good wishes. I am starting to keep myself busy with other things and try and get my mind off things that keep me worrying. 

I am glad you are continuing to heal and your husband is symtom free. I wish you both peace and strength to aid your healing. I will let you know my results in due course. But you continue getting better and you must look forward to you and your husband being well again and enjoying life. You both take care and you are in my thoughts.

Keep Smiling X

• Posted

Glad to hear that things are gong good with you Janice after your operation. My mother does have an infection in her stich area where the incision is but we are taking care of that as soon as the swab comes back to make sure she gets the right antibiotic. Slowly but surely, she is just starting to stand now, so it will take time for her to walk again with that repaired hip. Best Wishes to you guys and keep us posted.

Blessings to you

Lynn

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.