Keloid Scar Hurting and Growing

Posted , 28 users are following.

Hi, My name is Cindy. Im 17 years old and i have a keloid scar on my left shoulder since i was a baby. I went to alot of skin doctors and hospitals to see if there is any way or any treatment to get rid of this keloid. All of them said that there is no way to make it go away, because if they preform a surgery another keloid scar might grow again. My scar has been hurting since i was a kid, and now it hurts much more often or out of the blue. Espiecally when i get a pat on the shoulder and people don't know i have this, it hurts sooo much sad I tried creams that the doctors gave me to make the pain go away, but it never works. It looks very red and swollen now and even just a touch is painful. Please is there any way to get rid of this, so i won't be in much pain anymore.

5 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hello! I have keliods covering everything on my body except my head, hands,and feet. They are also very painful and itchy. I was informed to use pure paw honey. It will help remove them. Haven't tried it yet but I'm going to. Just passing along the information I received.
    • Posted

I had a really stubborn keloid on my chest which was very painful, itching and growing. Did so many different treatments over 3-4 years with no luck, it kept growing and the pain increased every passing day. I researched online for treatments and was in similar discussions but none of what was recommended worked. Finally I went and got rid of it through a surgeon (through a recommendation I got from another doctor) who gave me KENACORT INJECTION. I had to only go for a couple of sessions and it was gone. Believe me i have taken many other medicines and injections prior to that but this is the thing which worked on me. The reason I am writing this is because I know how painful and worrying keliods can be. Hope this would help.
  • Posted

Try application of Apple Cider Vinegar, I have had positive results with pain reduction. Apply ACV to a cotton ball and place on keloid, leave for 5 min - 1 hour or overnight if you like. The idea is that the acid in the vinegar breaks down the keloid resulting in lighter, flatter and less painful scars (be consistant, it takes up to a month to see results).
    • Posted

hello i have been using the Apple Cider Vinegar which has been great until about 5 days ago. Been using a cotton bud to dab it on Keloid which is on my upper left arm.for last 5 days been in pain so i have a bandage around keloid with a quarter-size coin depressing this newish keloid on upper shoulder is about a dime-size and is really fighting me on this one. the whole keloid is 2x6". Any ideas? i do have an ice pack so could do that until this idiot dies down and stops fighting me! the depression seems to be working thoughsmile
    • Posted

silly me tried to poison myself! dont use a coin to depress Keloid that was just about to turn green! of course no pain now. 

Apple cider along with depression works on a Keloid that is on upper shoulder.  [biggrin] ​

• Posted

Hi Cindy,

You can try using CICA CARE silicon gel sheet. My husband got this treatment after surgery for his keloid. It's soft, easy to use and comfortable. It could reduce itchy, flatten, soften and turn the red color into skin color. Just browse it before you decide. Cica-care self adhesive silicone gel sheet.

Regards,

Rosita

• Posted

Hi, I used to have keloids on my ears. I had them cut off, frozen, cut off again. They always grew back bigger. Then I had shots of cortisone in each earlobe (just next to the keloid) every 2 weeks for 2 years. They gradually decreased until they were pretty much gone. The little scars I have left do still itch a little but I don't live with the embarrassment anymore. I hope this helps you

• Posted

How much is a cortisone injection? And does it really disappear as though it was never there?
  • Posted

Hey CIndy,

I feel you too, I have a scar on my upper chest since when I was 4! Did any of the remedy work for you?

• Posted

Good morning, 

I sorry that your are going thru the painI completely understand I've founf that pure aloe vera gel comes downs the pain. 

• Posted

Hi cindy

Dont worry..there is a solution but the scar of keloid dont go fully but can be un noticed

try using "Salicylic acid oinment 6%" it takes a while to get the result but last the result is great.i am using this oinment and my keloid is getting shrink

Or use tumeric (not common turmeric ) special turmeric which only gets on forest or river side local name at south india called "koda manjal" .it helps not only for keloid it helps all skin disease and skin problem it is used by south indian queens for beauty..i am also using presently, it is greate effect...no side effects at all..natural remedies..

• Posted

i have had a keloid since i was around 10 so about 30yrs. i am sick to death of it! i had keyhole surgury in navel upteen yrs ago and guess what i have to stick something in my navel to keep it from closing up! this is recent. the old keloid on left shoulder i am using plastic old credit cards against keloid to stop it from trying to grow, seems to work with applying pressure. i wish i could find something that works. i use Mepiform silicone sheeting sometimes. its all a pain in the deriere.
  • Posted

Its three years later how are your scars and what course of action did you take?
  • Posted

I have a few large keloid scars from laser surgery I had to remove acne scars many years ago, and I have found keloids are living scars that can become infected and swollen. When infected, they swell, become enlarged, and are very painful. You can see fluid in them in this state. My best advice is to get someone you trust who can help you to use a sterile needle to prick open the lower part of the keloid and gently squeeze or push on it to drain the fluid from it. Wipe with a sterile pad. Apply Neosporin or other antibacterial topical ointment on it when done, and apply wet warm compresses, and keep it covered with a bandage with the Neosporin ointment on the scar while sleeping. You may have to drain it two or more times but once it flattens, it begins to heal and won't hurt. I know it hurts a lot to drain it but it feels much better afterwards. I think having a doctor mess with it or inject it is a bad idea...after all, a doctor is who caused it, in my case. I handle it on my own when it flares up every couple of years. This is just my opinion based on personal experience. Good luck!

• Posted

Hello,

I'm sorry about your experience, I'm having a awful experience myself I have a keloid on my ear from a industrial piercing I got a few years ago and this bump on my ear which I think it's a keloid won't go away and now it's exactly how you described yours was, red and swollen... It hurts so bad... I wish I knew what to do? I wish I could help you I would. Before my keloid got red and swollen it was just a bump but now my whole ear is swollen and I have to go to work like this, all I did before was put vitamin E oil on it that's what the piercer told me to do twice daily and it didn't ever go down but it's never got swollen and it might be because I laid on it while sleeping... I tried vitamin E oil and it's worse now hurts so bad it's throbbing... I tried a heat compress... Didn't work... I'm sorry I hope yours gets better and if you could help me that would make me so happy? Sorry for the trouble.

Thank you! smile

• Posted

Hi, the keloid I had on my ear from an idustrial piercing had to be surgically removed. But then you have to treat the resulting wound so it does not come back.

Since it's on the ear it is a bit easier to treat with pressure and other options. In my case, since I have other really bad keloids, they did 3 rounds of radiotherapy to inhibit growth. But there are other less invasive options like laser treatments, corticoid injections, etc. You should probably talk to a doctor about it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.