Keloid Scar Hurting and Growing

Posted , 28 users are following.

Hi, My name is Cindy. Im 17 years old and i have a keloid scar on my left shoulder since i was a baby. I went to alot of skin doctors and hospitals to see if there is any way or any treatment to get rid of this keloid. All of them said that there is no way to make it go away, because if they preform a surgery another keloid scar might grow again. My scar has been hurting since i was a kid, and now it hurts much more often or out of the blue. Espiecally when i get a pat on the shoulder and people don't know i have this, it hurts sooo much sad I tried creams that the doctors gave me to make the pain go away, but it never works. It looks very red and swollen now and even just a touch is painful. Please is there any way to get rid of this, so i won't be in much pain anymore.

5 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi. I'Ve had a keloid on my chest for about 22 years. It hurts so bad that sometimes I cannot even move and tears come.

Unfortunately so far I have found no treatments that work for it, but my doctors say it is due to the location of the scar, because the skin is always being pulled and it is hard to apply pressure.

For the ones in places where there is less movement and pressure is easier to add, this helps. To put a silicon patch with something hard behind it and apply pressure helps to reduce the keloids. I also had one on my ear and it was removed and the remaining wound treated qith radiotherapy. It worked wonders on my aer, but the same was done to my chest and it did nothing, it grew back just as painful.

What I'm saying is that different treatments work for different keloids, even on the same person, so it very difficult to figure out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.