Kidney Stone, Nausea WORRIED

Posted , 8 users are following.

Help I started to feel unwell in December with pains on my left side with nausea and indigestion after many blood tests and ultrasound they found an 8mm stone. I went to see the urologist yesterday and she was very off hand and said nausea is not part of kidney stones unless there lodged which she said it was in my lower left kidney. She is now sending me for a c.t scan and I am frightened now and so upset. Anyone else had nausea, back pain and stomach pain.

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Aww bless mine started off with feeling sick lower back pain and some stomach cramps I had an x ray and confirmed a stone in bottom of my left kidney . I hate it when they play god being so underhand with you is not very professional will tell you more in next message
    • Posted

Hi, thanks to your message she really upset me yesterday I worry a lot anyway, and have nausea on and off now with lower back pain. Silly women no compassion.
  • Posted

I had my first procedure done in Sept 2016 they only managed to fragment 20% of the stone so I said I'm leaving it for a while . They said we will see you in a year then as I had osteoarthritis in my knee and had to have surgery to have a new knee last year . Anyway when saw my urologist last Oct they said it had grown lots and referred myself to a city hospital. My stone was 16mm but now is 20mm and will be having key hole surgery April 5th.

• Posted

With every stone I've passed, I've experienced nausea- so have many others I've spoken to.

• Posted

Hi gabi98462 thanks for the message, the consultant yesterday really worried me and said nausea was very unusual and looked at me as if to say you might have something else.
  • Posted

I have had one stone. It was back in October/November. Mine started causing me pain as it was leaving my kidney. I started experiencing nausea almost right away and my ordeal went on for 5 weeks. Mine did end up getting stuck in the ureter part way through that 5 weeks, but the nausea started way before that. My stone was only 4-5mm and it knocked me on my butt! So, I would say that your nausea is normal and not necessarily indicative of a retained stone. Pain causes nausea. I had pain that started high up in my back, then came down my right flank, wrapped around my side toward my stomach, and even went down into my grown area. It's good you're going for a ct scan. I had 2-3 ct scans to track the stone. Once they suspected it was stuck, I must have had 3-4 KUB x-rays leading up to my operation to blast the stone. It's a simple xray(much less expensive than ct scan) they use to track the stone once they already know where it is to see if it has moved. Did you get Zofran(life-saver!) or something for the nausea? You need pain medication too. 

• Posted

Hi thanks for your reply, I'm going mad this has been going on since December I just get scared that it could be something else. I have decided to go private for my c.t scan to quicken things along.

• Posted

Kristy, let me tell you ...

1st  nausea does come with stones 

2nd I have had over 150 stones and know what I am taking about!

3rd  the PAIN IS HELL IN EARTH!!

4th Bit all docs understand kidney stone patients.

If ya want further info just email me!

I am a library of knowledge on the subject!

HATE TO HEAR YOUR AE SUFFERING!!!

BEEN THERE SO MANY TIMES!!

• Posted

Hi Judea

Many thanks for your message it was very reassuring to hear your comments. Can i ask does your pain travel around mind started quite high up on my left side and travelled around my back and shoulder blade then u had pain in my front and chest it has now moved further down nearer to my muddle and lower plus it feels like I'm experiencing some pain on the other side now. Also at any time have you had heartburn or more indigestion than normal sorry to be a pain x

• Posted

Kristy I have only had “kidney stone pain” in each side from the bottom of ribs to ureter:bladder.

Can not explain the pain above these areas. Sorry!

However when it comes to KIDNEY STONES; I ABOUT KNOW AS MUCH AS UROLOGIST.

Which means if ya have a good urologist then he/she will tell you...

• Posted

150 stones!!!  Wow.  Very sorry to hear that.  Curious what you are doing for on-going stone management.  I take some meds (Allopurinol, Potassium Citrate, HCTZ, Fish Oil, Theralith) and try to stay very hydrated.  But I am always interested to hear more because I never want another one.

I have had three stones and all removed by lithotripsy followed by stents.  In EVERY case I had nausea from the pain.  For a doc to tell Kirsty that nausea is not part of kidney stones is outrageous.

• Posted

Hello Jane I had three stones also and I had litro done 2 times but no stents. But it keeps leaving fragments like there saying I still have a piece left after two shock waves what do u think I should do next ? 
    • Posted

Drink 1 gallon of water per day.

Beyond that, hope to pass the fragments.

You are lucky that you have not had stents!!!   They suck in a big way.  For me the stents are worse than the procedure, especially the removal.

• Posted

Kristy, girl your urologist is a fool!

I am 53 years old and have had over 150 kidney stones!!! Dang right NAUSEA COMES WITH STONES!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.