Kidney Stone, Nausea WORRIED

Posted , 8 users are following.

Help I started to feel unwell in December with pains on my left side with nausea and indigestion after many blood tests and ultrasound they found an 8mm stone. I went to see the urologist yesterday and she was very off hand and said nausea is not part of kidney stones unless there lodged which she said it was in my lower left kidney. She is now sending me for a c.t scan and I am frightened now and so upset. Anyone else had nausea, back pain and stomach pain.

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Kirsty

For you to be told that nausea is unusual is crazy.

I have had over 30 stones and every time have been very sick,hot/cold shivers the works.

The pain with stones is something people cant understand unless they have had it.

Its as someone else said...hell on earth.

To have a ct scan with stones is perfectly normal and hopefully will show up exactly where yours is.

8mm is just that little to large to pass so i would imagine you will have it removed one way or another.

I only had 3 lots of surgery for stones,currently on my 3rd stent,been in for 8 weeks.......Been terrible but i had alot of damage to ureter.

I really hope you get some relief soon.

I know youve been told many times no doubt but do keep up with your fluids...

Take Care...

• Posted

It’s all about fluid intake.  

No matter what meds are taken, a high volume of liquid (especially water) is the key.  I understand the science behind it.  In the most basic terms  keeping extremely hydrated does not allow the body to form the stones because the calcium is too dilute.  This assumes you have calcium oxylate stones of course.

I manage the condition *knock on wood* with meds and fluids.  

• Posted

Can I ask you why you needed stents ? I have been drinking tons of water my docter wants me to wait a month to see if i can pass the fragment since I been back to back with shock wave rolleyes 
    • Posted

Ureteroscopy almost always requires stents to keep the passageway open while healing.   Mine were always in for about two weeks.  The first few days are bad with cramping.  Eventually one adapts but then the stent has to be removed.  That’s a lovely experience.  Ugh 
    • Posted

Absolutely agree regarding fluid.

I drink approx 3 litres a day at the moment whilst i have this bloody stent in

I know i will probably reduce this although i know i shouldnt  but you just get so fed up with it.

I produce uric acid stones so i take allopurinol for that and at the moment solifenacin and tamsulosin to keep the ureter clear....

But as most people with stones know....Its all about the fluid...

• Posted

Ureteroscopy is for when the stone is stuck in the ureter between kidney and bladder. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.