Kidney stone questions

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello I am brand new to this forum, I am doing this through my phone so please forgive any typos.

I was doing a search on the internet for kidney stone pain and some threads came up from this site, I hope I am posting in the right spot.

I am male 40 years old, this morning I woke up with a incredibly painful pressure pain in my lower back, the pressure and pain only increased as time went by. I started feeling sick to my stomach and sweeting.

Wife had to take me to the E.R. they did a urine test that showed blood and a cat scan that shows a 5.7 mm kidney stone on my left side. I forget what it's called but the stone is in the tube between the kidney and bladder almost halfway to the bladder the Dr said.

The er Dr said anything under 6mm will pass on their own, is this true? He gave me some pain meds and some tamsulosin.

I have never had one of these before, can someone please tell me how bad this is going to hurt when it finally comes out? Are there any warning signs before it comes out? How long does it normally take?

I am supposed to drink lots of water and pee through a strainer.

Any information would be really helpful, thanks.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am glad you passed your stone! Although, I am sorry for the immense pain it caused you! I hope you are done with that forever. But, like Luna said, you should have it analyzed to confirm the type of stone it is, since your odds of getting another are increased now.

Drink more water, amen........

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.