Kinesiology tape and Osteoarthritis

Posted , 15 users are following.

I was just wondering if any of you have tried Kinesiology tape?

My OA is so severe now, and I am living in constant agony, with my life basically on hold until my next TKR (49 YO and feel like im on the scrapheap!) Anyway, Ive been reading a bit about K Taping, and thought Id give it a go. I cant BELIEVE how effective it is! The pain is all but gone, the grating bone-on-bone has reduced, and I can get in and out of my house without a crutch/stick! Which I havent been able to do for about 12  month.

I only tried it today for the first time, but by golly Im hooked! The relief is instant, and constant (so far). 

Id be interested to hear if anyone else has tried it, and if the relief is long-lasting or a flash in the pan.

0 likes, 48 replies

48 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Why is it that I cannot purchase Kinesiology tape it has very good read back for pain and helps nutritious pain please h e lp
  • Posted

I would love to try K tape to see what everyone is talking about which site do I purchase this item please help
  • Posted

Oh wow !

PLEASE can you take a pic of how you place it on your knee????

I have bone on bone and in excruciating pain----- all doc offered when he stayed it was operation or painkillers---I bought 3 strips of this tape (8" long each)but no idea how to apply and can't get out to phisio.

Would be eternally grateful for ANY help or advice!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.