Klonopin and lexapro

Posted , 15 users are following.

Has anyone ever took klonopin and lexapro together I'm so tired of feeling like I'm dying. I feel like I'm gonna have a heart attack at any time. Then I freak out. I'm taking only half a klonopin in morning and half at night. I'm scared to take the lexapro with the klonopin. Which has to do with my anxiety taking a new medicine I've never took before. Help I'm scared I'm dying !!!!!!!

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

You should be just fine. Were they both prescribed to you by the same doctor. I don't take that mixture bit take something very similar in Prozac and Xanax. The Xanax is for rapid relief just like the Klonopin and the Prozac is am antidepressant just like the lexapro. If you are that concerned then call the pharmacy and ask.

• Posted

Please do not panic, it will give you a massive panic attack and it will send you off to the ER. I have taken both. Lexapro was beyond awful for me. Kolo loin is great however, it makes you extremely sleepy and the longer you take it, the harder it will be to get off of it.
    • Posted

I'm trying not to panic but when my chest hurts I think the worst and then I start sweating and get nervous. I feel like I'm not on enough meds. I'm not even taking the dose he put me on because they make me sleepy. But I panic about everything.

• Posted

I have been there and I'm still going through it. I'm not much for meds though . The only thing that really calms me down is xanex . You just need to be very careful with it because it can get addictive. Only take when needed.

• Posted

Hi you sound just like me think I dying all time or going have heart attack I take diazapam 2ng once or twice a day doctor put me in citalpram 10mg but wants me up to 20!mg I to scared to I can take the 10mg and half of a10mg to make 15mg it is not nice to have these feelings at all I been like this 9 years now but over last 6 months been worse I not been able go to work since April I want somethings to help me but don't no the answer I have joined a support group and one lady said that no medication will stop me thinking as I do but the antidepressant will take the edge of things but not much at the moment / do the tablets you take help as maybe I should change but I have anxiety over taking medication as well xxx

• Posted

The klonopin do help some but some days my anxiety is way over the top but some days not so bad. I'm so scared to take a new med. I have taken Zoloft before Idk if it's about the same as lexapro.

• Posted

Take them together. Your doctor prescribed them!

Lexapro is an SSRI anti-depressant. If you don't take it, you won't get any benefit.

Klonopin is an anti-anxiety medication.

Can you tell me what doses of both you have been prescribe?

Also, has your doctor referred you for therapy?

To make you feel morre confident, I was on them at the same time, and they really helped me. I also had counselling and therapy.

Lexapro doesn't really kick in for about eight weeks, so don't despar - give it a chance.

You ARE NOT DYING. I'm a nurse and I can tell you that with authority, ok?

Let us know how you are getting on - you need some support and we're all ready to give it to you. I don't need to take these meds any more although it took about a year for me to feel better.

Love Tess xx

• Posted

thank you Tess I have been on Klonopin but now my doctor wants me to take Lexapro 10 mg with it and I was scared also just as Tess is...the anxiety of taking the Lexapro has taken a toll on me. Thank you for your words of encouragement.

• Posted

There are no problems, take your two medications as prescribed by your GP. That is what they are for to relax and help you.

If you feel uncomfortable have words with your GP Practice and Chemist to put your mind at rest. If you need these medications, take them and stop worrying

BOB

• Posted

You are not dying. Your body maybe still adjusing to the medications. How long have you been taking it?

You have having anxiety about your medication and your anxiety is making it worse. If you are that worried, call your doctor. Are you seeing a psychiatrist?

?I took lexapro long time ago. I'm currently on lamictal and I too take Klonopin. I one 1mg in the moring and half at night.

?You are fine!! Remember that. We here at this forum completely understand what you are going through.

Keep posting. Keep reaching out. You are doing great!! XOXOX

• Posted

I just started 5mg lexapro once per day and .5mg clonazepam aka klonopin yesterday after experience panic attacks and constant worry. A lot of stress triggered my General anxiety disorder and PTSD. The doc said these drugs can stop the nasty cycle which is exactly what we all need. Trust your doctor and do your own research. Also don’t hesitate to reach out to your doc with your concerns. I’m on day 2 of lexapro and it makes me super neaseaus and have diarrhea but mentally I feel so much better.(could also be from the clonazepam) 

• Posted

I have been taking Lexapro 20mg and Klonopin 2mg for over 10 years. These 2 medications

Are Awesome when taken Together. Take Lexapro in the Mornings and Klonopin at Bedtime and You will have a Joyful and Calm Life!!!

• Posted

Hi Nancy, I take lexapro. 20mg in the morning for 3 weeks,up from 15 mg for 2 weeks,I also take klonpin.25mg at bedtime,.125mg in the morning and in the afternoon and I feel tired and a slight headache 2 hours after taken the klonopin,is this normal until I am used to the lexapro or do I need a better schedule.Thank you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.