knee clicks walking with one stick

Posted , 11 users are following.

12 days post op walking with one stick indoors but knee clicks when I walk. No pain just clonking noise. I s this normal

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Had my TKR in November. Clicking/clunking started from day one. 6 months later its still there. Dont particularly HEAR it,but feel it every time I move,despite doing exercises etc. Surgeon says its normal,but I also have a rash round the knee. I am seeing a surgeon for a 2nd opinion on 18th of this month. I can put up with the clicking,and the rash,just hope the problem isnt more serious. I dont want another TKR. Otherwise Im doing fine. Hope you are the same. Early days Ken.
    • Posted

Yeah the "feeling" is weird, like its catching in my thigh bone. I'm sure it's not. Minor problem for a new knee
    • Posted

It's normal, it's the implant when it bends, my consultant said it would do this, and that some people are more aware of it than others.

It soesn't worry me, I don't really notice it anymore.

It's just the way the implant is engineered, it bends and then goes back into the plastic cup.

• Posted

Thanks to everyone for this information and post.  I am 2 years out and just noticed the other day when walking up the stair a sort of popping noise at times.  Thought it was weird, but haven't gotten around to asking yet.  The problem I have is when on my side and I move the leg I can feel something moving across something.  Thought it was muscles or something..  Good info!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.