Knee extension

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hello. How long has it taken your leg to fully extend and straighten? I had two knees done--the first one is slowly straightening. How long did it take yours to straighten? I am doing all the PT has said to do and exercises at home on my off PT days. Thanks.

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Around two weeks was exercise after a week having two done has been hard it's 6 weeks on i am walking without sticks now most days can walk for about an hr some days bit shorter went to physio on Fri got 93 ° bend on left knee and 103° bend on right knee so healing slower on left one keep stretching and exercise every day really helps but gentle and easy to start with good luck jen

• Posted

As I think I said elsewhere - it would be useful if people said what ttheir extension was before the operation otherwise I'm not sure all this "mine is  this and that after x weeks" is all that helpful.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.