knee felt like a concrete block .

Posted , 6 users are following.

Well after a very good weekend met all my goals walked a mile Sunday and Monday slowly but did it. Tuesday woke up to what I can only describe as a concrete knee. I felt I was right back to week one . However it seemed to be the scar that had gone tight so googled massage and skin care . I iced and rested for a few hours the blasted with ice water shower and then massaged and tapped the scar mobilised in the evening bends and stretches .week 5 physio very nervous but whooop 115% bend and weights increase just hot to learn to take each day as the journey . This forum is great for support thanks everyone

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I agree with Ellen...maybe too much in two days.  When you overwork the knee it ALWAYS bites you back...ALWAYS!!!  At 5 weeks, I did 8,200+ steps one day...hot air balloon knee size that night.  I knew the steps because of my FitBit.  From that point, I backed off and charted my steps every day making sure that I increased gradually.  At 8 months, I was doing over 11,000 steps (5 miles) with no swelling...but it took EIGHT MONTHS!!!  Slow and easy.  Use a pedometer of some kind to track your steps.  Remember: your "goals" are irrelevant!!!  What you have in your mind and what the knee can tolerate are two completely different things...and the knee ALWAYS WINS!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.