Knee Injection

Posted , 10 users are following.

I have been put on the waiting list for my second TKR. In the meantime it was suggested I have a Synvisc 1 injection which acts as a filler between the knee joints and helps bad pain and arthritis in the knee. In Australia you can not get this on Medicare and have to buy it . It costs approx $520 and you have a doctor inject it. I had this done 2 weeks ago and would be interested if anyone else has had this and if it worked for you. I understand it takes 2-4 weeks to get the benefit of it.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Before I had my TKR my consultant gave me this injection.

Did not work, total waste of time.

Please think twice before you spend all that money.

Have you tried steroid injections instead while you wait.

Now one year on, wont be rushing back for other knee. ho hum

Good luck,

Sue

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.