knee messed up

Posted , 8 users are following.

I was Inna car accident April 7, 2016. I was taken to the hospital immediately by ambulance. Even though I complained about my knee they said it was fine. Went to orthopedic and found torn meniscus, torn mcl, and sprained lcl. Avoiding surgery for personal reasons, staying off it as much as possible. My knee is straight 24/7 and in excruciating pain. Can't take anything for pain due to resistance or allergy. Looking for a support group, ppl to talk to who can relate and have been through itm thanks,

Leighanna

0 likes, 67 replies

67 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Getting a second opinion on my knee. My orthopedic turned into a jerk, wants me to go back to work with no limitation IMMEDIATELY AFTER having my knee straight for 4 weeks 24/7...

af

• Posted

Hi Leighanna,

Sorry to hear you're having hassle.

Look after yourself first.

What did he say? Have you any idea why he is behaving this way.

• Posted

said mu knee needs surgery n since it I have a concussion I can't right now. I can't bend or straighten my knee without an issue. I work as a cashier at home depot, we are always bending down to the floor or lifting something up. He wont look at my shoulder nor my back. I've always had a bad back but since accident my back been the same since. My shoulder keeps dislocating when arm raised above shoulder length... Something obviously not right and he says my back n shoulder are ok.
    • Posted

He sounds Unreal Leighanna.

You do exactly what you want to do.

I have met a similar doctor some years ago.

Get your second opinion, and third if necessary.

Take care,

Alan

• Posted

had to see a 2nd orthopedic. Finally have all diagnosis and can treat properly. Have permanent damage. Knee will be double jointed. He explained it by taking a pen and pushing it into the bed. As it dented the bed he said that's what my knee is doing. I have to train it not to and control it can't have surgery cause my knee will fail the surgery and cause more tears I the end. Plus I can't take any anti inflammatory meds so surgery is not an option. The finally diagnosis is Chondromalacia patella with hyperextention meniscus.

my shoulder kept dislocating since I started physical therapy. The new orthopedic found out why. I have scapular dyskenesia. Owe. So I have to retrain my shoulder.

now we added my back to the equation since I was tboned. All inflammation is gone from my back and found a 10 degree scoliosissad . So 3 permanent injuries from a car accident

• Posted

Hi Leighanna,

Wow. What does one say.

I wish I could do something but I will say a few prayers for your recovery I know they will help.

Warmest wishes,

Alan

• Posted

You poor girl, things just seem to have gone from bad to worse for you. Hopefully things will soon start to improve for. Take care. Deb
    • Posted

things get worse before better, so hopefully now its mountain peak now and soon better
    • Posted

hey Al,

today I feel beat up. Transitioning from one brace to another isn't the easiest of things and same from wheelchair to one forearm crutch. Ik they know what's best so I'm trusting them. Meanwhile the it is brutal. How are you today

• Posted

Jo Leighanna,

Hope you're feeling better today.

We seem to be missing each other due to time zones.

I am doing OK Thank You.

In bed now 8 mins past midnight.

How a r e you?

Take care,

Alan

• Posted

Been in physical therapy for the past month. My shoulder is doing good, starting to get stronger ligaments, muscles and everything. Alost at full range. My knee we just added balance and strength. Pain still high, Dr gave me a Novocain shot to help the pain. It been two days and still lasting.
    • Posted

Hi Leighanna,

Great to hear you're doing better. Well done, the hard work is paying off.

Also delighted to see your Doc is willing to give you something to manage the pain. I'm sure it makes a big difference too.

Well donw, keep it up and take care,

Alan

• Posted

For the most part I have recovered. Need surgery on my shoulder and my surgery date is in November.
    • Posted

Hi Leighanna,

Great to hear from you and delighted you're doing well. When is your surgery scheduled?

I have been doing great, my knee has been a great success. Thank God.

Take care,

Alan

• Posted

Glad to.hear ur knee is doing better. My surgery is.Nov 14. I went back to college and it really helped my mental status too. My concussion and whiplash gone. My knee is 85% better. Can't wait for surgery cause it should be 100% uphill from then

• Posted

Great to hear all the good news. Great upswing from 4months ago. The little guy enjoying having a "new" momma? Take care and continue to persevere.

• Posted

Super news Leighanna. College work will keep the mind focused.

I'm also going for surgery next Tuesday to have a disc removed in my upper back and an implant inserted. In on Tuesday home on Thursday, Please God.

To stay positive I remind myself that there are millions of people much worse off than I am. So I am grateful for my health and the great doctors, nurses and hospitals we have in this part of the world.most of all I am thankful for my wife who takes care of me and has the patience of a saint.

• Posted

Thank you and hang in there, it'll all get better. Good luck on your upcoming surgery

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.