knee messed up

Posted , 8 users are following.

I was Inna car accident April 7, 2016. I was taken to the hospital immediately by ambulance. Even though I complained about my knee they said it was fine. Went to orthopedic and found torn meniscus, torn mcl, and sprained lcl. Avoiding surgery for personal reasons, staying off it as much as possible. My knee is straight 24/7 and in excruciating pain. Can't take anything for pain due to resistance or allergy. Looking for a support group, ppl to talk to who can relate and have been through itm thanks,

Leighanna

0 likes, 67 replies

67 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

It's sad that she's threatening you in this way. I would have thought that she'd want her nephew to be ring bearer and for you to be bridesmaid. You aren't in a wheelchair from choice just bad luck. She should think thank goodness you're still alive to be there for her, it could have been so much worse. I hope she sees sence in time for the wedding. What would she do if it had been her fiance that had been in an accident and was is the same predicament as you..would she ban him too?
  • Posted

Anyone get cold electric shocks in the area you damaged?? 
    • Posted

Hi Leighanna,

I'm not sure if they are cold electric shocks, but I have said to my wife I get little 'Sparks' flying through my knee, these only last a fraction of a second.

I haven't paid too much attention to them. Maybe it's the same thing.

Take care,

Alan

• Posted

Mine last a good minute or two. My knee and shoulder gets cold everytime it happens. It feels like an electric shock. I don't pay attention that often cause I get them I my ankle which I injured last year and can walk Orr. I can't walk off when its my knee or shoulder injured. 
    • Posted

last time i was at my drs i asked about my shoulder but he was more concerned with my knee then my shoulder. Which is understandable since we need our knees to walk normally. I already scheduled an apt with a nuerologist cause of my concussion if anything ill mention it to him amd see what he says.
  • Posted

Update: Back to my orthopedic tomorrow, my knee needs surgery but I have to wait for my Nuerologist approval. Tomorrow we go over the me result, why my knee needs surgery. Its only been 3 weeks keeping my knee straight 24/7. The rest d my leg is starting to feel sore. 
  • Posted

update: My mcl is healing. My lcl is healing. The tear in my meniscus evaporated, as if surgery was already done on my knee but no surgery done. My pcl is hyperextended. Ouch. The only surgery i need is to have fluid drained cause there just too much fluid.
    • Posted

wedding is over with. It was this past saturday, a lot of the bridal party watched over me and my knee. One of the other bridesmaid was very encouraging saying "thats my girl! You can do it!" By the dinner my knee was saying thank you wheelchair! Still need wheelchair for achool even though i can go back to wok.
    • Posted

Good for you. Did your son perform up to expectations. I've never figured out who decided it was good to have children in weddings unless you like living on the edge. You take care and keep up the good progress
    • Posted

My son was well behaved for the ceremony, and during dinner he just kept dancing on the dance floor. He was too cute. My knee feels like a robot since I started physical therapy 
    • Posted

Hi Leighanna,

Just back on line. I am delighted the wedding went well. You totally deserved it.

Glad everything else is going well too.

Happy days, take care,

Alan

• Posted

Have you tried looking at some pain support groups? I'm allergic to many different pain relievers however I found that I can take Opana. It may be that you have not a drug that works well for you. You can also get nerve blocks. I see a pain management doctor
    • Posted

I don't want to get a nerve block because once I get better I'm going back to dancing. I need to be able to feel pain in my knees and ankles. I've looked into a few other support groups, seems like the knee support is the only one that ppl responded to 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.