Knee replacement.

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi, I am three weeks post op having had a full knee replacement. My recovery is going well and I'm not using crutches or a walking stick but am still in a lot of pain and having to take painkillers. My question is I have developed loose bowels only once a day at my normal time but it has been going on for over a week now, I have no bloating or abdominal pain with it. I can only take paraceutimal as I'm allergic to codeine and Neurofen I felt might be causing the upset stomach but I haven't taken them for nearly a week now. Has anybody else suffered diarrhoea after a TKR? 

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had the same experience. Had right knee replay and a week and a half later started with severe Diahrea numous times a day. About eight weeks ago had left knee done three weeks later severe Diahrea. The medical clinic the first time kept trying different meds none worked so head nurse called gastro doc who immediately told what to prescribe. It was an expensive antibiotic. Within two days the Diahrea was gone!  The second time same thing at clinic  but after seven weeks of Diahrea saw doc today and I was quite firm and very polite. But got her to prescribe the antibiotic! Will get it tomorrow. The will be getting better. I can't eat as I get upper area pains and its tender to touch. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.