Knee replacement

Posted , 15 users are following.

Thank you so much to all those who have replied to me today im so grateful. I have managed to walk assisted with a walker to the toilet and back 3 times today although it was agony so i feel better for that and the idea about the belt to lift my let to support it is such a good idea because at the moment i cannot move it without it being supported by a nurse to move it off the bed and onto the floor. The nurses have said im doing really well as well its just what the P T said that upset me but im seeing a different one tomorrow so hopefully she will be better. Its good to hear from those that have had the same experience and the tips that you give to make things easier and that things will get better. Your replies have meant so much im stuck in hospital and my mum passed away this afternoon it was expected for a while but to have to deal with it when im going through this is really hard so being able to read your replies has given me a lift that i needed.

Thank you xx

2 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Oh Lisa I'm so very sorry to hear about your Mum. Even when expected, it still comes as a shock. You only have one Mum & it hurts when she goes. It's never a good time to lose a loved one but whilst you're doing it tough with TKR it must seem 10 times worse!

Remember the good times together, the laughter & the love.

Also there is always someone on here any time day & night if you want to vent. We will always reply if online.

I wish you all the best, my prayers go out to you.

Marilyn

XX

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.