knee replacement - manipulation under anaesthetic

Posted , 8 users are following.

I don't suppose any of you can give me any reassurance with regards the above. I am 7 week as post op full knee replacement, I am 45. Went to see my consultant Friday and was devastated to hear him say he was taking me back to threatre this Wed. Long story but cocked up physio, basically none... I am normally very fit healthy ect, did my exercises they gave me religion ity but obviously not enough. I am very scared, the pain after the op was horrendous and I am dreading this next phase!!!

0 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

How did it go? I am 51 and going in this afternoon for the same procedure and scared?
    • Posted

nikki doesn't go in until wednesday (tomorrow). so you are going before all of us. if possible, please post how it went. i was set for going today as well but it was moved as my bend suddenly improved. now planned for december 16.

lots and lots of positive thoughts coming your way!

britta - 8 weeks post op (51)

• Posted

Hi Elizabeth, yes I have to wait until 6.30 am tomorrow morning. Good luck I am sure you will be fine, I was looking on the Web last night and several people have said it really is not that bad and if you exercise like mad afterwards the result are very good. 

Sending you a hug from Derbyshire x

• Posted

Hi Nikki and Elizabeth

I hope your procedures went well and that you are not in too much pain.

Thinking of you both and wait to hear how you are.

Best wishes, Tracey

• Posted

Hi Tracey, and all 

I had the procedure yesterday morning and came home today. Came out of theatre after 10 mins, very sore but they soon gave me some magic drugs!! I spent the day and most of the night on a machine bending my knee. Yes very sore but amazing results just need to work hard now.  I was so scared but now for anyone due to go for the same, after my experience it really was not too bad. 

Feel unwell today but I know after some sleep things will look brighter.

Kind regards

Nikki 

• Posted

Lovely to hear from you and encouraging news both for you and any others having to undergo manipulation.

Well done!

Lynn 19 weeks

• Posted

Yes, Well done you, great news (except the pain bits) and glad it wasn't as horrific as imagined.

Fingers crossed for a good bend and straighten asap!

All the best for a comfortable and sleep-filled night x

• Posted

hi nikki --- THANK YOU SO MUCH! for writing and letting us know. i particularly like the fact that you have "amazing results" which is what it is all about. of course, the fact that it was not so bad despite you being so scared gives me hope! again, thanks so much for posting.

britta - 8.3 weeks post op and earmarked for the same procedure!

• Posted

Afternoon Britta,

Yep my leg now bends and is more straight. I know I have to work hard so I don't have the same problem again but I do now have physio in place. I was doing all the exercises before but the physio said I just needed someone to man handle my knee and push it. So fingers crossed.

I have to say I was terrified before I went in, so I think it's good for people to hear the positive side.... not always doom and gloom.

Kind regards

Nikki

• Posted

Afternoon Lynn, not bad but I was shattered after 2 nights of little sleep.

I won't lie its sore and swollen... have got the lovely socks on for a week! But I have pushed on with the exercises this morning and managed a bit of ironing!!

The little mini exercise bike is a great to keep things moving.

I am a happier bunny this week. Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.