Knee replacements going wrong ??

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi, I was just wondering when other people were going for TKR surgery were they told by the surgeon the failure statistics or risks involved ?

Replies appreciate

Rose

0 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

i didnt want to know , but very happy with my surgeon he did a good job . Had no real issues except normal ones , but I know if i need to I can just make an appointment and see him. At my yearly check because of the posts here about failures etc I did ask him about it, and he told me that there are many poor surgeons in uk that were bought in from overseas and in his opinion shouldnt be operating , he said he spent most of his time in uk redoing bad jobs by same surgeons .

• Posted

Wow, that's some admission, I live in Ireland though, and the surgeon was Irish.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.