Knee surgery

Posted , 17 users are following.

so my date was changed for my tkr, but here we are two days to go (Tuesday 21st) and the nerves have kicked in.

will be back on on Tuesday with an update, I will remember all the tips I have received from all you good people on this forum as well as everything I have read about other people successes, and of course what not to do!

thank you everyone and good luck also to anyone about to under go this kind of surgery, or indeed any surgery☘️

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Good luck for the 21st Shirleyann, I hope it all goes well. The operation is the easy part, so enjoy it!

All the best,

Look forward to hearing how you get on.

Marilyn

XX

• Posted

Hi shirly Ann I had my TKR less than 3 weeks ago 2nd March and the surgery itself is nothing to be afraid of i had spinal injection and mild sedative I was so scared of being awake I was literally shaking before I went in to theatre but didn't know anything about it absolutely amazing. Every day gets easier I'm now only using 1 crutch and taking less pain killers it isn't easy and I know I've still got a long way to go but it's worth it after all the pain I've suffered over the last 3 years good luck you'll be fine x

• Posted

Good luck Shirleyann, you will do great ! This is a great forum if you have any concerns. Let us know how you are doing.
  • Posted

Good luck Shireyann

remember why you are doing this its a tough road ahead

just a little reminder this weekend i have painted tiled glossed and put new tiles in the bathroom if I had done this before my tkr i would have been in agony for a week

but all is fine .

• Posted

Don't be nervous you won't know a thing under anaesthetic Had mine under epidural and sedation and 2.5 house later was woken up all done and dusted

All the best

• Posted

Hi Shirley Ann!

I don't know if you are a believer or not , but if you ARE, I want to let you know that I am sending prayers of strength and calm, patience, and JOY to you tonight! God is RIGHT THERE with you! Give Him your cares, and He will bring you wonderful feelings of peace.

The calm that I felt before each of my TKRs was HIM calming my fears. I spoke of this with my surgeon. He told me HE ALWAYS PRAYS before each surgery he does.

You will be fine. Let us know how things go for you. ??

• Posted

I really hope everything went well for you Shirleyann and your recovery is a ggod one as well!

I will have to go through tkr been told too young at the moment (im 43).

Thinking of you and hope you get lots of help and love.

Annette. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.