Kneeling

Posted , 8 users are following.

Morning all,

I had my TKR on the 12th Jan. I have started back at my yoga classes 3 times a week but taking it easy. Can someone tell me a little about kneeling. I have been doing basic kneeling poses nothing strong or vigorous. I do kneel on a pillow, there is slight discomfort from the round area but nothing alarming. Is kneeling ok. I have been signed off by my surgeon so can’t ask him. 

Thank you x 

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Wow . Good for you guys 😊 I’m impressed 

• Posted

Hi Louise and others -

I tried yoga early on and didn’t go so well with the kneeling . I am going to try again and use the suggestions you’ve given . 

Thank you ! 

Debbie

• Posted

Hi Debbie,

I have been using a pillow in my yoga class. When I do the lying down poses it helps support the knee and it gives me the confidence in the kneeling poses. I will aim though to progress to other knee supports suggested by the lovely guys on this site. At the moment though  I think my pillow is my comfort blanket. It’s cerntainly been my best friend during the recovery.

Yoga is all about being kind to your body, your yoga teacher will give you alternatives to poses you are not comfortable with. Good luck 😃👍

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.