KNR WANDERING HOW IM DOING

Posted , 5 users are following.

ok so now 2 weeks after surgery, getting around ok without sticks and using plenty of ice. can now do straight leg raises, loads of ice during day. i can now get a bend of 90 but this is being pushed.any more than that cant do. im guessing the swelling is playing a part but the quads feel so tight, maybe still bruised. i just dont know if this would be expected after 2 weeks. i ave been warned about scar tissue and want to do everything i can to prevent this

any experiences appreciated

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Don't get worried. sounds good and as expected. i am 2 years out and it will improve but it takes time.

• Posted

Sounds like you're doing really well. For sure the swelling prevents full ROM. I am 6 months post-right tkr and had swelling at the back of my leg just up to the bend, which took 3-4 weeks to disappear. It was ok in the early part of the day but then would start up later on. Leg raised and icepacks are the way to go. I also gad wide bruising at the back of my leg, from ankle almost to the top of my thigh and that also took several weeks to totally disappear. It's a long process of healing, with good and bad days. Tightness will lessen over time. Patience and daily exercise are the way to go. Good luck and suçessful recovery

• Posted

You are doing fine. I'm 3 months in and have only just started to turn the corner. Still using icepacks, leg stiff and sore and cramp like pains during the night. Measure your progress in months rather than weeks. irritating than some days worse than others so you sometimes feel that you are taking one step forward, 2 steps back. I take heart from posts on this site that assure us we will all get there.

Btw my physio is telling me not to push it if it hurts.

• Posted

Two weeks is the very beginning of the typical year-long recovery journey. This may help with your ROM...

ROM Work

And this will get your strength back...

Muscle Rebuild

Remember... A TKR recovery is NOT linear. There are advances, setbacks and plateaus. All are normal. Post this on your fridge...

Reality

Click on my name, Discussions and then See All. Got 30 out there that may help you out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.