Kudzu Root UPDATE

Posted , 27 users are following.

I am so excited I can hardly contain myself at times.  I started taking kuduz a herbal anti-alcohol support last Tuesday.  The angushish, depression, fear, and downright horror of thinking I was doomed to be a drunk the rest of my life disappeared to a hypomanic feeling of feeling fantastic ever since.  I had struggled daily for 4 months relaspse not being able to put the bottle down and getting extremely depressed about it.  Last night i was looking at some videos of a party i had and i wasn't drinking but friends in video were.  Mental trigger came and said i want one last drink before monday when i go looking for a career and wanted to see how the kudzu reacted with the beer,  Went to store bought 2 24OZ. beers at percent alcohol. i got home and it took me 4 hours to drink one.  my manic high immediately went out the frickin window and felt no buzz but worse.  it ruined my high.  i really am astonished.  today is sunday there are 2 24oz beers left and i honest to God don't want them  this is a first for me since i was 15 and a chronic blackout drinker from the get go once i put it in my body.  I am 53 years old.  Then i see where a member of this group had the same experience like the thought of drinking magically dissapears.   I want to go buy a case of this herb cause parnoid they may take if off the market if word gets out.  No money for the doctors, pharmacetical companys and the police force.  It is giving me the opportunity to look at the devestation of what alcohol as done to me and do some writing that i could never do before and work on mental belief that alcohol is the answer.  Started a drinking diary as Paul suggested.  I hope i don't break the rules and someone says i am promoting a product but i have no invested interest in kuduzu just the desire that others maybe helped to not have so much pain as i did.  thanks group!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 likes, 54 replies

54 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Fantastic news Candis, hope Kuduz has the same effects on others as it does on you.

Keep on going, keep on posting.

Greetz,

Escar

• Posted

really glad you found something that has worked for you 

dont be to hard on yourself you decided to do something positve about your problem dosent matter how long it took you . i wish you every continued success .

dose this herb help with other problems or is it just for alchol related problems .wink

• Posted

It says in many different research sites that it helps with regulation of sugar and cigarette addiction.  Many forums I checked out the people quit drinking and then 2 months later they quite smoking.  Now I also read a couple of things that were contradictory one site said it made you feel drunk faster and it made you have a high blood alcohol level and some said you don't get a buzz.  I didn't not have a buzz at all in fact felt depressed and wished I had not of drank at all.  I still have 2 24 oz. and had a bad phone call this afternoon from a drunk woman telling me off and mentally wanted to walk 2 feet and get 1 beer.  I need to throw them out cause i never allow alcohol in the house even if I am drinking cause I have almost died many times cause i went into a black out and drank everything and did not even know it.  I learned along time ago too that i will not drink with others cause if they want more am a go till i pass out.  I only drink alone cause like I said I truely can't stop unless i drop.  Boyfriends have taken all my money and shoe and I still got booze.  they have slept in front of doors and i go out the window.  One time i let a guy beat me so he would get it for me.  I was a teenage chronic drunk and put on antabuse by my choice since I was 18.  I drank on that 1000's of times thinking it was out of my system and it was not.  I really don't know why I am still alive except that maybe i can help abused children if I recover.  I was a Drug and alcohol counselor for about a year but relasped and quit.  
    • Posted

you must find your inner strenght hun 

you will survive this .and your be able to help others think how worthy that is .dont deny your recovery theres so many children you could help out there 

taht inits self is worth fighting for . be someones hero hun wink

• Posted

Hi Candis, I just did a Google search for Kuduz. It led me towards a movie for some reason.

Is it spelt right?

I'd like to find out some more info on this wonder herb/med...

Besides, it would be nice if it worked against smoking as you mention.

Been drinking and smoking for more than 40 years.

Tim

• Posted

Hi Tim,

I think it's spelt kudzu. I'm going to give it a try, it's a lot cheaper than the selincro.

Jan

• Posted

The only thing I found in the Bio shop was Capsules of Kudzu, not that I realy want to try it, just me being curious (I'm happy with Selingro and don't want to run at all directions)

The owner of the bioshop was very positive about it.

the price of those was 28 Euro for 60 Tablets, is this reasonable ??

• Posted

Hi. I started taking Kudzu last week and as far as I am concerned it is amazing. I haven't felt the need or urge for a drink at all, which is usually always a niggle in the back of my head.

I wondered if it was just psychological or if really works?

studies have shown it be 83% successful in those that take it for alcohol cravings, so I'm definitely going to continue taking it.

Yesterday I had some devastating news, which would ordinarily have pushed me towards a drink. But I can honestly say that the thought did not even cross my mind. And whilst I am writing this the thought of a drink actually makes me feel quite nauseous. 

How amazing is that? 

Anyway, I'm going to stick with it, and stock up in case it suddenly sells out!

Ill keep you all updated on progress.

Liz

• Posted

YOU BET!!!!!!!   So glad you had the same experience.  Keep me posted.

• Posted

Just wondered if its still working for you, i personally wasnt so lucky with it but was extremely stressed. Mixed reports it seems... Hope your doing well anyway x
  • Posted

Hi

i paid £13.99 for 60 500mg capsules, which will last a month as you need to take 2 a day ( the equivalent of 1000mg per day) so the ones you found do sound a bit expensive.

i got mine off Amazon (if I can say this???)

i did think about taking Selincro, but as you only take it when you know you are going to drink, I didn't think that would be setting the right approach for me. As in, I would have to plan to drink, which isn't what I want to do. I don't want to plan to drink. I want to stop altogether, so if Kudzu stops the urges ( which amazingly it has done so far) then I think that's a better approach for me.

Hope that helps?

Liz

• Posted

Hi,

Did you find that the benefits of kudzu started from day one or did it take a few days to kick in. I took my first one earlier and then drank a bottle of port.

Jan

• Posted

It was day one for me. But that also may be because I also am really trying to abstain completely and am looking into going into AA meetings. It did help with the cravings but you also have to decide you're completely done with drinking too.

• Posted

I agree with you. For me one is too many and 1000 is never enough. I can't be a casual drinker, so I have to not touch the stuff

• Posted

Hi, so how did it work for you, I am interested to find out because I tried today and drank normally quite alot, too much really, any feedback is helpful x
    • Posted

Hi, Iv just seen your post and know it's a while back but interested to know how you have got on, i started two days ago with kudzu, and drank vodka last night, everyone else says they stopped drinking first day..x

• Posted

Just took my first couple this morning, i will let you know how it goes. Fingers crossed, dont give up. Remember that we both have to really want to do this, but im hoping that these will help alongside. Its not easy but keep going and remember different things work for different people.
    • Posted

I have just been reading some about kudzu, check out the brite eye website, it has some good information. We need quite a high dosage apparently and it has to be good brand, they say that some work better than others.
    • Posted

Ok i have had the worst week of my life and to be honest i have drank at times and it could have been at any time of the day. I took 2 this morning and as weird as it sounds i really dont feel like drinking at all. It might sound to early to say but i know how my own mind works and usually at this time i might be freaking out if i didnt think i had enough drink to last the day. There is some in the house even now i havent touched it. Really dont want to. The thought actually makes me feel a bit sick actually. this is all quite weird but ill keep in touch with you
    • Posted

That's really interesting wow, which brand is it plse, i think i need to change brands becoz I'm already thinking about some red wine tonight....I paid £40.00 for six months so don't suppose i can get a refund.....dam

• Posted

I got mine of ebay 

type the following in exactly as ive written it

HIGH STRENGTH KUDZU 500mg 60 tablets ALCOHOL CRAVINGS, NICOTENE CRAVINGS

To be honest i have done quite a bit of research on it today and planetary herbal kudzu seems to be very highly rated, quite a lot more expensive around 30-40 pounds. The one i bought was 5.99 and came a few days later.

I am just going to keep pushing on with it but so far so good. Still havent drank and i feel like i crave it less and trust me even though i hate alcohol now, i have always still went back to it somehow. Lots of different reasons to be honest. Good luck and let me know how you get on.Maybe try if you can to not go for the wine tonight and see how you feel in the morning. If you dont feel too much different after a few days then look at an alternative or up the dosage x

• Posted

Thankyou sohhh much for replying so quickly, you have no idea how much I appreciate this, I'm abit confused because I actually paid £40 plus £6 to get delivery next day because I was so desperate, I looked on their website and it had five stars, I am starting to wonder if this is a scam, total rubbish.  I guess I will try and buy from the one you have, to be honest I just want to make that step, because myn are 1200mg, so why nothing? very strange.  Thankyou sweetheart, hope things get better for you xx

• Posted

All i can say is that considering how bad my life is right now, this does seemed to have helped me today. I would agree that the reasons we drink are both emotional and physical. From a physical point of view i think its helping. Im not feeling anywhere near as bad as what i did physically tonight, i have even ate some curry. And the craving just seems to be less, its quite weird to be honest.

If you have issues with anxiety or depression or something is not right in your life obviously we both need to deal with those as if we dont these things can only end up pushing you over the edge again. But i do think it helps from an physical point of view. You have nothing to lose by trying the one i bought as at least it doesnt cost a fortune. 

To be fair i still have vodka sitting in the kitchen and havent touched it at all today, yesterday before i took the tablets i honestly think i would have. Maybe you can get a stronger version of the one i bought...might look into this myself also. Have you drank today?

• Posted

I did read also that it doesnt just make everyone just instantly stop, although for some this is the case. It should make you want to drink less though and if you do drink it wont be as much. In my case i need to be off this all together so i can be a better/stronger person and get my family back. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.