Kudzu Root UPDATE

Posted , 27 users are following.

I am so excited I can hardly contain myself at times.  I started taking kuduz a herbal anti-alcohol support last Tuesday.  The angushish, depression, fear, and downright horror of thinking I was doomed to be a drunk the rest of my life disappeared to a hypomanic feeling of feeling fantastic ever since.  I had struggled daily for 4 months relaspse not being able to put the bottle down and getting extremely depressed about it.  Last night i was looking at some videos of a party i had and i wasn't drinking but friends in video were.  Mental trigger came and said i want one last drink before monday when i go looking for a career and wanted to see how the kudzu reacted with the beer,  Went to store bought 2 24OZ. beers at percent alcohol. i got home and it took me 4 hours to drink one.  my manic high immediately went out the frickin window and felt no buzz but worse.  it ruined my high.  i really am astonished.  today is sunday there are 2 24oz beers left and i honest to God don't want them  this is a first for me since i was 15 and a chronic blackout drinker from the get go once i put it in my body.  I am 53 years old.  Then i see where a member of this group had the same experience like the thought of drinking magically dissapears.   I want to go buy a case of this herb cause parnoid they may take if off the market if word gets out.  No money for the doctors, pharmacetical companys and the police force.  It is giving me the opportunity to look at the devestation of what alcohol as done to me and do some writing that i could never do before and work on mental belief that alcohol is the answer.  Started a drinking diary as Paul suggested.  I hope i don't break the rules and someone says i am promoting a product but i have no invested interest in kuduzu just the desire that others maybe helped to not have so much pain as i did.  thanks group!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 likes, 54 replies

54 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Yes I found it worked from day one, but as I said earlier maybe it's the placebo effect, plus I really don't want to drink anymore so it could be more psychological than anything?

ive been taking it for over a week now and have still had no urges to drink even in the face of very bad news.

maybe it takes some people a while for the effects to register.

Keep going with it, it's got to be worth a try?

Liz

• Posted

Still working for me too Liz.  I really can't believe it yet.  i did drink on it once and no buzz drank very little and did not want to do it again.  it worked the 1st day too like u.  i think it was better too than prozac and some of the other anti depressants i have been on.  it balances out womens hormones and sugar.  i believe  i am not even craving cupscakes.  I paid 24.94 american dollars for 120 tabs at 750 mgs 3 a day.  it is full  spectrum brand is called plantetary herbals.  I can't understand why this is so unheard of.  

• Posted

Hi candis! I also have been a chronic drinker (heavy) for the last 6 years. I began the kudzu root not long ago, and man! What a difference. Total abstinence. My whole day used to be planned on when I get my drink on. I would soldier through work just because the promise was I could get home and kill a bottle of wine and maybe more. Now, I don't even miss it. Plus it gives me good energy

• Posted

Hi there, I wonder if you can help me, I just started today with kudzu 1200mg, my first day and iv already had two beers and a bottle of rose, is this normal? how many days does it take to kick in....

thanks x

• Posted

These are amazing reports, I'll keep an eye on this thread. I tried it briefly myself but ended up going another route. 

• Posted

wow, sounds really good, I'm starting today, can I ask you what strength your kudzu is and what time do you take it in the day.  I am starting on Kudzu 1200mg today.

• Posted

I have just bought this and going to give it a try, hope your well and that it has kept working for you. Things are very bad for me right now so i am really hoping this will help
    • Posted

Hi Sharon, what strength are you taking and can you tell me what time you are taking it.  I started this today, I am taking 1200mg, I took one capsule at about 3pm and then another at 5pm usually when I think about having a drink.  So.. so far, I have had a can of beer at 8pm and just finished a bottle of rose, very nice it was but I know I will feel differently tomorrow, I hope the kudzu kicks in, as nothing as of yet..
    • Posted

500mg, didnt know that i could get a higher strength. I have to try though once they arrive. Do you drink much? If you can stay off it for a while, maybe this will help give a bit of time for the kudzu to kick in. I know its not easy though, without a doubt. Let me know how you are x
    • Posted

Thanks Sharon, and yes i drink alot..too much ..It's stupid really but i hope this works as so many positive reviews on it, second day today, try again, keep in touch and let me know how you get on, is yours from planetary herbs

• Posted

same with you, keep iin touch. There do seem to be a lot of good reports with it. x
    • Posted

All drinking is stupid when you think about it but for some reason we all have our reasons that we buy it. I am not sure about the planetary herbs, will let you know when it comes
  • Posted

Really encourging to hear this is working for you. I have tried Kudzu in the past and it really didn't do much for me. Although, looking back now I was in the middle of some of my heaviest drinking and looking for anything to eliviate the cravings and temptations. I've recently given sobriety a go and perhaps this will work better without alcohol in my system to curb potential slip ups. I'll give it a try. Thanks. 

• Posted

sent you a message there to the new discussion that you started. good luck
    • Posted

Have you guys tried Campral? It is a prescription drug that stops cravings..and thoughts...and is approved by the FDA 
    • Posted

Still taking the kudzu and it is quite bizarre but the urges to drink have def lessened. I do feel different, its oddest thing. Also i smoke and to be honest that feels different too, physically i mean...i havent enjoyed any smokes today at all which i have had. The emotional part of me wants to drink but the physical part of me doesnt even think i can do it. Once im in a better place mentally maybe this really is as good as they say. Quite amazed to be honest as i was drinking a lot at times. Anyway just thought i would keep you all updated 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.