L-Carnitine questions

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi,

Since diagnosed with GD, I have only taken Acetyl L-Carnitine, not L-Carnitine. Recently, the information about LC's strong effect on improving muscle fatigue, pain, and weakening (there are other benefits of taking LC) brought to my attention since although I have been in euthyroid for quite a while, muscle problem is one of the few symptoms still lingering. Before plunging into taking LC, I would like to ask for opinions/comments/experience-sharing from this group's users.

Based on the purpose of taking LC for improving hyperthyroidism/GD condition (and muscle symptoms), (1) which form of LC (tablet, capsule, liquid) is the most suitable and effective? (2) when is/are the best time to take LC: with the meal, between meals, empty stomach, morning, evening b4 bed? (3) any significant side effects, especially: increase bowel movement (caused by the magnesium stearate or LC itself?) (4) your experience of effectiveness (improve thyroid condition and muscle symptom). It's very likely any answer of the four could be related to/depended on one, two, or all other three.

Appreciate and thanks in advance.

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Geez, thanks Mike. My body is ravages especially my right shoulder and arm where I had a rotator cuff repair about 6 years ago, my back, hands and Right leg.

I have been waiting a very long time to see an Endocrinologist. I am ready, at this point to try anything. I have been taking L-Carnitine, magnesium, zinc, potassium. Vit. D I have high blood pressure, but if I take my meds, I crash. To top it off I also have COPD. I appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks again

• Posted

Hi Arlea,

Thanks for replying. I feel sad for your body condition. Is it still ongoing now (even you have taken all those supplements)? What meds you take that can cause you (your blood pressure) crash? I took ATM, supplements, and herbs and my BP nicely down from high end to the normal level. But I am still not sure this good thing came from what I took; I thought it is from herbs. I hope you'll see your Endo soon and make improvements on your condition.

• Posted

Mike, I take lisinopril, and hydrcholralthyazide for my blood pressure.
    • Posted

The good news is I finally see an Endocrinologist today! 👍🏼

• Posted

Good for you to see an endo. Pls let us know how it comes out. I don't take BP med, so no comments on yours (always try natural way).

• Posted

Hi Mike,

thank you so much for your very useful answers. I wonder if you could give us details re the herbs you ve been taking ? as well as at what time of the day and under which form. many thanks.

• Posted

Thank me for my answers? I thought I am the one who is seeking the answers here, lol. AW, I took and still taking (1) mix tincture of bugleweed + Lemon balm + motherwort; twice a day now (three times a day when diagnosed with GD, after breakfast, lunch, and b4 bed, now skip breakfast one and replace with catclaw), (2) tincture of catclaw; once a day (after breakfast). Each time I just take a big squeeze. I drop liquid herbs into a cup with a little water, dissolve well and "SIP" it to enjoy (like tea). This way will help to absolve the herb tea better and more effectively. Hope this help.

• Posted

A secret to tell: every time before going to see my doctor, I take the mixed herbs and the nurse who measures my BP always says and shows my perfect number! -- This never happened b4 I started taking herbs (BP usually on the high end). 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.