L/S soap

Posted , 9 users are following.

Can someone recommend the best soap or cleanser to use for lichen sclerosus.  I am using vagisil but i am not sure if its a bit harsh.

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I use a Dr Bronnor's Magic soap, it has many good oils in it  ...I use a cold press Coconut Oil in between showers ... I put in on every time I use the bathroom,  it has been the best for me. Coconut Oil is a natural antibiotic.... and the oil will wash out of any cloths when washed.in hot water.. been useing the two now together for three months... was  doing the cocnut oil for 6 years by it self.......IT worked well but the two together is great.......
  • Posted

I never use soap. I use Epaderm to wash and moisturise, also to protect before a pee.  You could be right about the Vagisil as it made me worse when I was pre diagnosis.  Listen to your body and do what you think is right.  You will soon know if it is wrong like you obviously know with the Vagisil.
  • Posted

A couple of ladies have suggested epaderm, is this a cream or a wash.  I know a few of you have suggested no soap but this really dosnt appeal to me i just would not feel clean.  Is Epaderm like the aqueous cream/wash?
    • Posted

If you feel you really have to use soap many people think Dove extra sensitive is good, though I'd agree with the other commentators here that an aqueous cream is best.
    • Posted

Epaderm is a thicker emollient moisturiser which when used with water behaves like soap and clenses well.  It has the texture of goose grease but is so soothing that I love using it.  I know some don't  like it . I had problems with dove extra sensitive soap. You have to try things yourself as everyone is different.  Good luck
  • Posted

the ladies who recommended aqueous cream is the aquabar aqueous cleansing bar the same thing?
  • Posted

Hello jackie

i use Doublebase gel,for washing recommended to me by my Gyneocologist use it to wash and fter using the toilet I find it excellent 

I have to be careful what  I use as I also have a  collapsed bladder 

she also recommended I take Omega7 sea buckthorn oil capsules to give extra

janette

moisture which I have found it does 

I am in U K. 

The Doublebase gel is available on prescription 

• Posted

Thank you Janette, i have already started to take the omega 7 but will try the doublebase gel. x
    • Posted

I answered you twice it's called a senior moment !

use only White tissue 

I never wear underwear or tights 

in bed only a tee shirt 

I do sometimes get cystitis but I put that down to the bladder problem 

JanetteJanette

• Posted

Try Doublebase gel for washing and wiping after toilet 

this was reccomended to me by mynGyneocologist and I have found it excellent useonly white tissue

i am in uk

janette

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.