Labia fusing

Posted , 12 users are following.

When I was diagnosed last month I had fusing toward the back of my labia minora to my labia majora. When looking today the fusing is getting worse and I almost have no labia minora. I am very upset tonight. Will it ever unfuse or is it gone forever? Freaking out!!!!

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Also continue having sex as it is healthy both physically and mentally.

And it keeps the tissues pliable...... very important.

• Posted

I am surprised you advice this. I am so traumatised and scared of tearing again that I couldn't even contenplate it until I have healed suffiently. I am very new to this though so don't know a lot. Would you still recommend sex if you are likely to tear x

• Posted

I bought dilators which come in a set of about 4 or 5 sizes.  

I am not diligent enough to get to the largest size but I am

at the second largest size and it keeps you open.  Many 

have come from almost no opening to full size. 

• Posted

Plus the friction against irritated skin makes me hurt thinking about it.
    • Posted

Gynecologists seem inclined to give advice like this as a postmenopausal standard. I had a lot of sex with my partner in the two years running up to my abscess and diagnosis. In the next to years i had sex exactly twice. Both times resulted in a yeast outbreak and tearing. I had what I thought of as the 'crack' in my twenties, a tear in my perineum. I ended up in a sexless marriage for the last 8 of 15 years. But in my forties I had lots of great, pain -free sex. Maybe less stress, a better relationship. But the recent relationship was bad and stressful, so lots of tearing and irritation.
    • Posted

Im lucky in the respect that my husbannd has low testosterone so it doesnt affect our marriage. I never thought in our late fifties it would be like this. He tried testosterone injections which affected his red blood count so had to quit. His issue happened first and sadly I think that may have played a part in my vaginal atrophy as sex became pretty much non exsistant. Its sad.
    • Posted

Maybe if you both have to avoid sex you're able to kiss deeply and hold each other without anyone feeling pressured to 'service' the other. This is a worthwhile negotiation to have with a good mate. I got nothing but tight-lipped pecks and cartoon spooning for two years because he equated anything more with foreplay and an invitation to intercourse.
    • Posted

Sadly not here. He doesnt kiss me,never hugs,no hand holding,hes good to me,but no physical affection.
    • Posted

same here.

My husband is just not interested in sex.  Hasn't been for many years.  I guess that turned out to be a good thing for me after all, although I never wanted a life of no physical...no physical...well, no physical anything.

• Posted

If only we had learned to look down there earlier, or perhaps part of a weekly routine - then we would have known that something was off sooner.  And we would have known how we 'originally' looked down below.  I was diagnosed so late, that I now wonder whether I ever had a labia minora.  There is little evidence. 

It definately is shocking at first.  I have been very close to a deep depression.  But have 'overcome' so to speak.  It took some courage and caring for self before I got this far.  

Give yourself permission to cry and go through 'the valley'.  Learn what you can about this debilitating disease.  It will give some self confidence in what to do.  

I encourage you to

- Be careful not to use too much Globetasol.  Use only the minimum amount.  

- Use coconut oil in between and do the baking soda rinses after every bathroom visit (after which you can apply coconut oil.)  

-Watch your diet - sugar is a sure trigger for instance.

- Try to manage stress well.  That also has an affect on LS.  

- Find sufficient rest.   

Wishing you well. 

• Posted

When first diagnosed, I could hardly eat anymore. Vi was so upset. I was having panic attacks... Considered antidepressants. I am , After all, an anxious sort of person. I was just barely coping. Sitting around... Crying.

You will find a new normal. When you get the routine that works for you and you are more comfortable again, you will relax more and the sun will shine brighter. Give yourself time to adjust to this. It is a dreadful disease but most of us manage it with time. Reduce your sugar intake. Really makes a difference for many of us. I care about your pain. Hang in there.

• Posted

Thank you so much. I do suffer from anxiety and always fear having a medical issue and now I do. I know it can be a lot worse but I am very sad over this. I am going to keep working at this to get control. Thank you!!!!
    • Posted

I have health anxiety as well and have had for many years. I quickly think of cancer (my mother died of cancer when I was 21) and had been sickly off and on for many years. I worried so much about her plus I had health problems periodically and it just seems my anxiety took off from there. I have tried mental health therapy and did get some help there.
    • Posted

I know this is crazy because I knew my grandma would pass away one day but it was sudden as she wasn't sick and she was a mother to me. Anyway once she passed my anxiety got insanely out of control.
    • Posted

I have anxiety too. I have several on going health issues which all make themselves known daily. I take a low dose anxiety med,hard to calm down when you have a constant reminder.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.