Labral tear repair

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

I have hip dysplasia and am waiting for a labral tear repair which I am pretty nervous about as have never had surgery before and am extremely squemish 😓

Just wondered if anyone else here has had this surgery and can tell me how it went for them and what to expect post op? Any advice?

Thanks

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have had this done a year ago. depending on the doctor or facility, with central anaesthesia they may do an epidermal, it helps with pain and preventing any movement that might naturally occur when you are under. Also he might use two incisions or three. Just follow the post op instructions. Do all your physical therapy, you will have good days and bad. With any surgery there are risks please discuss with your doctor.what are the complications? Will you address any other problems you might see? Here are some questions you could ask, are you restoring my labral tear or debreing It? Is there a femoral impingement and what kind either pincher or cam? Since you have dysplasia why did you not qualify for a PAO? What is the sucess of a repair? When can you drive? How long is recovery? For me my surgery and recovery went well, however my repair failed for other issues, I too suffer from dysplasia. The only complication I have is outter thigh numbness which is quite common. It sucks and hurts. Hope this helps, good luck, I'm facing a total hip replacement. Also get a shower chair, it will be handy. Also make sure you have some help for the first week.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.