Labyrinthitis??

Posted , 31 users are following.

Hi, I have been reading witht interest some of the comments posted by some people regarding vertigo and dizziness.  My story started back in March of this year, I was watching my son play football and whilst driving back home I suddenly became extremely lightheaded felt like I was going to pass and my partner took me to A&E, the symptons have never gone and way have have only got worse, went to the doctor whom said that it was Labyrinthitis upon reading up about this condition it seemed like I had allt he symptons, one of which was anxiety which I have never suffered with before its is now five months on and I still have the dizzeness and lightheaded woozy feeling, the last few days have felt a little clumsy and off balance, I have ringing in my ears and popping some days and headaches I was prescribed diazapan for anxiety and then the doctors put me on citalopram which I only took for 4 weeks this didn't seem to help much so decided to stop taking them I haven't taken any medication for a week now as I wanted to see how I would get on without apart from panadol for heachaches, I finally have a referral to the ENT department which is in a couple of weeks time, I have just about had enough of feeling crap, before all of this was an active 47 year old have two children and recently got married back in June I just want this to go away and want to wake up in the morning feeling normal, I would ilke to add that I don't have any problems sleeping I best when still can anyone else shed any light on things thank you!

1 like, 82 replies

82 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Paulette

Oh yeah we are familiar with those symptoms. Driving and feeling that way is frightening. I'm 42 almost 43 and I'm miserable. I can't even stand and have a conversation because I feel the f

Ground swaying and it feels like I'm going to faint. Anxiety kicks in after that , my vision gets alittle blury , headache , heart pounding. It's crap !! Don't know where this came from but it's affecting us. I've had stress test done ..ENT who told me it could be a brain tumor !!! I cried and I believed him. I've had sooo many ct scans,MRIs , blood work , lupus test. Everything OK. Ha, really ? Something's up if I'm feeling like this. Drs chop it down to stress anxiety depression. Right away prescribe anti depressants ...not saying anything negative about them but I know it's not all that tgats causing me to feel this way. My walk is unstable ...feels like I'm shaky inside. Ugh. Hope you feel better ...let us know what ENT says. Take care. 

• Posted

I feel the same way im 25 shaky in the inside head hurts in one spot back spin start to hurt or feel weird vision gets bleary. Ears feels like they are draining in when im driving im afraid because i have my kids in the car like im going to pass out chest beating fast ugh i cant stand going threw this i be wonting to lay down all day what do i do anyone can relate
  • Posted

Hi Paulette, I feel everything you described. I have all those symptoms and I have had all those tests done too. 3 Drs said I have anxiety and need to be on an anti depressant. Well of course I have anxiety because I don't feel NORMAL anymore!!!

i feel like I don't have a brain, I can't think straight. I feel like I am not in this world and when I try to talk to someone, I feel like I'm not there with them. I get blurry vision, headache and heart palpatations. I have to take deep breaths all the time to try to get that strange sensation I have in my brain. It feels like.....you know that feeling like you are falling or someone just scared you...... That's how I feel all thru my day. It's horrible. Driving is scary because I feel like I'm not here in this world. My neck also hurts. I wonder if that's the anxiety, stress part of this sickness. I have pity parties a lot. 😩😂

• Posted

I feel like that too Brenda. Right know as I'm typing ...my head feels strange and I get nauseous. Feels like I'm standing on the edge of a building and you get that woo feeling,that's the best I can describe. I'm feeling anxiety because of it. Drs always want to push pills...last Dr prescribed Prozac ...still sitting there , I have not taken one. But I'm feeling crappy right now. So tired of this 

• Posted

Thanks for your reply it helps to know that I am not going crazy, today I have had an appointment for an MRI Scan on 21st so if this doesn't show there is anything wrong with me I wonder whether all the anxiety lightheadedness etc will disappear ! will keep you all posted today I have been shopping with my husband and children and felt lightheaded allt he time but you just have to get on with it as hard as it is otherwise you will go crazy and tomorrow i am working all day in the local shop .

• Posted

Hope your MRI goes ok. I've baked two banana loaves today and am really woozy/lightheaded. It's horrid but you're right you do have to try and carry on! Well done to you for still working, I had to give up work for the time being. Xx
    • Posted

Thanks well done on baking, I'm doing okay but not 100% work helps me keep my mind of how I am feeling and I quite enjoy it.  Hope you get back to work soon !

• Posted

Hope all goes well with MRI. I struggle at work too. I feel so sick all day. Right now I'm feeling horrible. Feels like my brain is crashing against waves and I'm feeling nauseous ) :      I really want this to stop. I feel miserable    My stomach is bloated and nauseous , my head feels just ...ugh!!  
    • Posted

Hi Brenda I have been feeling the same way you do after I had an MRI done last Monday. I feel very heavy headed and confused at times it's like I'm not myself anymore ... my ears where very sensitive.. vision is off and I just don't know what's wrong wirh me .. I'm so scared 😢

• Posted

So i have fluid behind my ear how do i get rid of it. I was on antibiotics and steroids and so i was told its no longer red but still has fluid but no dr will tell me how to get out the fluid and if its still there that would be why i still getting lightheadedness and dizziness. I even went to Wal-Mart yesterday and it sucked cause i had to ride in a wheelchair cause its worse when walking around. I told my oldest daughter its like i have heart issues or something like that periferal artery disease or however you spell that or some scary thing cause its got my anxiety through the roof 😩😭😪😥
    • Posted

It is quite amazing that so many of us are suffering with this condition.Quite frankly, after reading everyone's/stories it seems to me that the doctors really do not have an answer and  prescribe medications with the hope that  one of them will work..Some days are better than others but I do know that my anxiety issues make it all worse.I don't rake the pills,because Ibreally believe that you end up with side effects.I have had this for at least 18 months.Some days it is not too bad,but if I get tired or stressed it is dreadful.It stops me from doing so much.I have no family support which makes it scarier..hope you feel better soon.Wendl
    • Posted

Hi Natasha. 

Yes I think the same thing too about my heart. As if I'm not getting enough oxygen to my brain and it's causing me to feel that swaying motion. It's non stop...honestly. It's misery. I cry all the time. 

• Posted

I cry alot too and feel like no one cares when i know deep down they do they just don't understand. So the other evening i said i am glad i am the only one who feels like this and my husband and daughter have been feeling like this too they just don't get as bad as mine and theirs is allergies and asthma so makes me think some of mine is i just don't breath funny like with asthma 😕
    • Posted

I've had really bad sinus infections before and it does make you feel lightheaded , but I don't have that problem ...even though I thought that's what it was at first. It's a difficult thing to have someone understand ...completely. I've been feeling crappy for so long that' that's all I know. People tell me I meditate so much on it that I cause it. Even now I feel horrible ...like my verso is scattered and I get nauseous. I can't really eat ...I get bloated and nauseous ...really bad. My neck and shoulders hurt..as if I slept on a metal pole or something. My oldest daughter says she gets lightheaded too especially at work. She's a mail clerk and is on computer and doing paper work. I feel like that too staring at the computer...I start to sway or the computer starts to sway ..drives me crazy !!! I've missed so many days of work , going to Drs and nothing. No relief. I even went to a chiropractor ...she even did an X-ray of my neck ...said I was alittle unlined ...I guess that can throw you off too. I stopped going ...expensive...twice a week ...I mean it was $10 each visit , but I'm a single mother with 2 girls. It got expensive for me   I'm sorry about your husband and child ...hope they get well and feel better soon. Keep in touch here. I sure wish I had someone with me at home who goes thru what I do , I can use that support 
    • Posted

I think much of it does come from the neck,because I can feel my neck seizing up and then I get dizzy and off balance.Make sure you do not sleep on too many pillows .Since I only sleep on one I wake up feeling a bit better.I also get bloated and only eat because I have to.I have not enjoyed eating properly for so long.It is dreadful to feel like this.None of my friends can relate to this condition at all.
    • Posted

I do sleep with 2 pillows. I'll sleep with one tonight ...thanks Wendi. I agree with the not eating properly for a while now. I dred eating ...as weird as that sounds. I try to stay away from spicy foods..and I love spicy. My neck has been bothering me for a few weeks now.  So tired of this. 

No one from my family understands me either. My kids say it's all in my head. Well I want it out !!!   Sitting here feeling miserable ...it's been sooo long that I've enjoyed anything. Going to the movies, out to restaurant ..shopping, walking ....it's torture. I feel like I'm at the edge of my seat holding on ...feels like I'm slipping, falling , losing it   Oh man ...hurts my stomach thinking about it. I feel exhausted all day long ...all the time. As if I haven't slept for days. Praying that we all get well soon. 

• Posted

Same with me.Wherever I go I want to leave and get back to my car.Sometimes I turn round and go home before I get to the theatre or cinema which I normally love.Have wasted so much money on tickets for various events because I cannot get to them or only stay for a short time.

I have to get a ticket at the end of a row incase I feel that I might pass out,so that I can leave without disturbing anyone.I have had to leave friends in restaurants too!They don't understand how bad this makes you feel. Not a way to live.

• Posted

I'm very familiar with all of that. I don't want to even go out ...I start thinking .. I'm going to feel sick...I'm going to feel faint .. I mean it's a set up. 

It's no way to live. Today's my sisters bday and plans are to go to a restaurant ...Omygoodness the thought of it already ...it stresses me out and I get scared. I even start to squirm in my seat   

Like I said ...I wish someone was here with me now...someone who is going thru the same thing ...that way I feel my comfortable crying and complaining 

• Posted

I totally agree with Wendl about the pillows -- Lose the pillows !!

By chance I worked out that by not sleeping on pillows, my neck didn't ache so much the next day and also I used to get foggy headaches and they are gone now.

Sometimes I forget..lol and then I get the ache and the brain fog.

I figured that for 8 hours a night I've been kinking my neck and maybe kinking tubes or veins that deliver 0xygen to my brain which can't be doing me any good.

Try it ....to begin with, it does feel weird not sleeping with pillows but I reckon you will feel more refreshed in the morning.

• Posted

I'll do anything at this point. I alwsys wake up in a haze...pressure in head , off balance, sleepy, headache , you name it 

But I will do the no pillow(s) tonight. It's gonna be weird 

• Posted

Guys you so arent alone feeling that way. Each day I wake up and hope this thing has left me! It's interfering totally with my life and I feel so miserable all the time! 😔😔
    • Posted

hi lily.. i was reading this threat. my symptoms are identical and its been months... any releife or diagnosis yet? im going crazy cause its effected my life as i cant do anythig i want... tnx 
    • Posted

hi natasha .. i was reading this threat. my symptoms are identical and its been months... any releife or diagnosis yet? im going crazy cause its effected my life as i cant do anythig i want... tnx 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.