Labyrinthitis??

Posted , 31 users are following.

Hi, I have been reading witht interest some of the comments posted by some people regarding vertigo and dizziness.  My story started back in March of this year, I was watching my son play football and whilst driving back home I suddenly became extremely lightheaded felt like I was going to pass and my partner took me to A&E, the symptons have never gone and way have have only got worse, went to the doctor whom said that it was Labyrinthitis upon reading up about this condition it seemed like I had allt he symptons, one of which was anxiety which I have never suffered with before its is now five months on and I still have the dizzeness and lightheaded woozy feeling, the last few days have felt a little clumsy and off balance, I have ringing in my ears and popping some days and headaches I was prescribed diazapan for anxiety and then the doctors put me on citalopram which I only took for 4 weeks this didn't seem to help much so decided to stop taking them I haven't taken any medication for a week now as I wanted to see how I would get on without apart from panadol for heachaches, I finally have a referral to the ENT department which is in a couple of weeks time, I have just about had enough of feeling crap, before all of this was an active 47 year old have two children and recently got married back in June I just want this to go away and want to wake up in the morning feeling normal, I would ilke to add that I don't have any problems sleeping I best when still can anyone else shed any light on things thank you!

1 like, 82 replies

82 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I have that feeling like Lily described too, like standing on the edge of the building and getting that woa feeling of maybe falling. I also have the bloating of the stomach that some of you have mentioned. Isn't it weird that we all have been to the same kind of doctors, have all had the same kind of test done ano not one of us knows for sure what we have or what we can do about it to feel better. I feel hopeless and I don't think I will ever feel NORMAL again. 
    • Posted

It is strange Brenda ... I don't understand how this happened ...I've had anxiety , panic attacks since I was 15   And I was able to shake it off the same day or next , but this ....this is something else...different. I truly hope and pray that we all get back to a better us ...I really do. 
    • Posted

Did you sleep with just one pillow yet?

my neck and headache seem to be better when I do.

• Posted

I slept with one pillow , flat one too.  My neck felt good this morning but for some reason after I eat I get lightheaded and nauseous. Then the anxiety kicks in and my neck and shoulders and head start hurting. Even now I feel somewhat off. Went to the movies and I was so worried about feeling claustrophobic and ready to step out of theatre but thank God I was good. I'll try not using a pillow tonight ...I'll try. Thanks for asking. 
  • Posted

Hi Paulette 1966 reading through your discussion on this condition sounds like the same thing I've been having to deal with,since April this year I've had 3 attacks since then I've been put on some tablets called Serc 8 they a good because you can drive and drink if you wanted not many side effects like others like stemetil which I tried when I had to go to hospital on first attack.
  • Posted

Feeling particulary low today, have an MRI Head Scan on Tuesday p.m. really worried they might find something which I'm sure they won't I'm begining to wonder whether i  have health anxiety this Labyrinthitis has a lot to answer for! I also have an ENT appointment on 28th lets hope they get to the bottom on it at least then I can get on with my life.  Doe's anyone have days when they just cry for no reason is this depression because off how I am feeling??

• Posted

Yes I do, even though Iv had an MRI and it came back clear I still struggle with anxiety and depression since this started in July
    • Posted

Did you have problems with anxiety and depression before this started in July and what was the trigger?

• Posted

No I was the happiest man alive I had just got back from a nice holiday in Spain with my 2 young children and all my family then I got 2 colds in the space of 2 weeks which then turned into an infection and iv had this since 
    • Posted

YES! Today is one of them! My dizzies are bad today so I'm feeling really low and being a single mum with 4 kids I just have to carry on! Are you on facebook? There is a fab support group on there called labyrinthitis support also another called vestibular challenges and loved ones. They've really helped me and everyone is so friendly and helpful. 

I'm waiting for an MRI appointment too, think it's just routine to rule any nasties out so try not to panic xx

• Posted

I have had this since January , I have only felt anxious since I have had this , I too sometimes just want to get back to my car especially when been in a supermarket , I just do whst ever I need to then rush to get out !!!! Had my MRI  awaiting physio appointments now !!!! Had the water in the ears test , I sit and cry snd feel

Upset I just want it to go. At he hospital

They said I will never recover !!!! Great !!! It's really affected my life , I am going to join that Facebook group as I think it will benefit me. I don't go walking anymore now because of it , I feel when I am walking I feel like a nodding dog and as if I just wsnt to hold my head steady , so frustrating !!!! Has anyone managed to claim disability off this illness at all ?? 

• Posted

Hi sue

I'm very familiar with that feeling too. I stopped walking because I felt as if I was floating, missing my steps, off balance..it was horrible!! Felt like I was going to pass out. My neck , head , eyes , face hurt. Been hurting for almost a week. My eyes look and feel puffy...I get lightheaded    I always feel that swaying motion 😢.  Been to so many Drs ...MRIs ..C T scans , ENTs , blood work , you name it and all is normal. Now I'm thinking something wrong with my heart ...not enough oxygen, or sleep apnea, but that's me ...driving myself crazier. Even if I was to be on disability , that wouldn't solve my issues 😔.  You're sweating because of the anxiety , 

I get anxiety because of how I feel. Makes me depressed , angry.  Hope you feel better 

• Posted

Hi Sue..sorry to hear you are battling with horrible virus too...pls try to challenge yourself as hard as that might be as i remember just wanting to curl up and hibernate...you need to try walking as the more active you are the quicker your brain will start to compensate for the inner ear damage. I had all the same symptoms...mygraine..stiff neck..anxiety..bad tummy..vertigo...feeling like i was on a boat and walking into the floor..kind of alice in wonderland feeling!!..i found it so difficult to concentrate on peoples faces when they talked..my short term memory went..i couldnt remember simple words etc..its like a vicious cycle of doom but it will pass...i remember the feeling of not feeling rested in bed and as if i was sinking through the matress sad...and going food shopping was like hell too much going on and feeling very vunerable in crowds...pls start the Crawthorne-Cooksey exercises...take supplements...eat well and stay hydrated..there is light at the end of the rainbow..god bless in light and love x
    • Posted

hi craig...hope youre feeling better. any diagnosis yet? i feel exactly the same and doctors cant figure it out. have you tried checking your ears? 
    • Posted

Hi Sue,

i was reading the dizzy posts and came across yours. How are you doing, now?

best,

linda

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.