Labyrinthitis??

Posted , 31 users are following.

Hi, I have been reading witht interest some of the comments posted by some people regarding vertigo and dizziness.  My story started back in March of this year, I was watching my son play football and whilst driving back home I suddenly became extremely lightheaded felt like I was going to pass and my partner took me to A&E, the symptons have never gone and way have have only got worse, went to the doctor whom said that it was Labyrinthitis upon reading up about this condition it seemed like I had allt he symptons, one of which was anxiety which I have never suffered with before its is now five months on and I still have the dizzeness and lightheaded woozy feeling, the last few days have felt a little clumsy and off balance, I have ringing in my ears and popping some days and headaches I was prescribed diazapan for anxiety and then the doctors put me on citalopram which I only took for 4 weeks this didn't seem to help much so decided to stop taking them I haven't taken any medication for a week now as I wanted to see how I would get on without apart from panadol for heachaches, I finally have a referral to the ENT department which is in a couple of weeks time, I have just about had enough of feeling crap, before all of this was an active 47 year old have two children and recently got married back in June I just want this to go away and want to wake up in the morning feeling normal, I would ilke to add that I don't have any problems sleeping I best when still can anyone else shed any light on things thank you!

1 like, 82 replies

82 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi paulette

Your story sounds just like mine!!

Since I was about 46-47 I have been going to the doctors complaining of these symptoms and as I have a thyroid condition they kept tweaking my meds and putting it down to this, as my BP was fluctuating and I was also complaining of palpitations and dizziness-spaced out feeling, I had a Heart scan and 24 hour monitor all was normal.

It wasn't until my periods started to alter that I realized that it could be peri menopause I went on the menopause forum and that confirmed it for me, until then

I had only heard of the hot flushes, didn't realize that you could get a load of other stuff as well!!!! Thought I was going mad and the docs just looked at me and shrugged their shoulders and said well all your tests are fine!!!

I now take B6 and B12 and the dizziness has almost completely gone biggrin but the hot flushes have started since Jan so sorted one thing and started with another lol

Hope you feel better soon

Lou

• Posted

Hi Lou,

I have all these symptoms people talk about on here too. But I wanted to ask you if you had any vision problems with all your symptoms? I have blurry and double vision in my left eye and now have to wear a contact just to see a little better. I stay dizzy and wonder if it has to do with me not being able to see. I have panic attacks, heart palpatations and severe anxiety, that weird sensation in the brain.  It's horrible!!!!  i am going to try the B6 and B12.  How long was it before you noticed a difference with  your dizziness?

• Posted

Hi Brenda,

I can't say that I have had any vision problems but have felt quite detached from the world because of the spaced out feeling which then makes me anxious because I don't feel well, it’s a vicious circle!!

But since taking the B Vits I feel so much better, I think it took about two-three weeks before I noticed a difference, I know now it’s all down to Menopause!!

Take a look on the Meno forum if you are a similar age to me

• Posted

Hi I am reading this with interest, beginning to think that this is what is happening to me I am 48 people have mentioned to me that I may be perimenopausal have looked this up and most of the symptons I have I am too taking Multi Vitamin B tablets as one of my friends suggested it but haven't been taking them as long am hoping that these might alleviate the dizziness in time and will have to accept that this is what is happening went to the ENT on Wednesday and they did loads of tests and all the tests came back all fine no innner ear infection and no hearing loss MRI scan came back fine! Its so frustrating .

• Posted

I thought the same thing too , peri menopausal but Drs right away tell me no I'm too young. That upsets me ...these days age has nothing to do with any illness , disease ...my sister was diagnosed with breast cancer at 41.  Drs had been saying ...get mammo at age 50.  Imagine if my sister would had waited , she's 48 now and still a survivor !!!  I still haven't seen the dr , been having problems with insurance ...ugh what else is new...frustrating. I'm here suffering feeling lightheaded all day and night , headache all day and night. My face even hurts ...and no insurance. Trying to stay positive 🙏
    • Posted

Hi Lou,

I am 52 years old.  I have to say that all these symptoms started after I had my Hysterectomy, which I have NO hormones now.  All the symptoms of Menopause, I have except one, I think there is 35 listed. My bones and joints hurt so bad now with every movement.  Man it stinks being a middle aged woman.  I was feeling GREAT 2 years ago.  I will try the B vitamins and see if my dizziness and vision gets better.  Thank you and hang in there, I feel your pain..

• Posted

Hi Paulette,

This truely is an evil virus to have but pls pls pls try and stay positive IT WILL PASS...i didn't take any medication and just did the movement exercises to help my brain compensate for the damage that my inner ear was dealing with. This was very challenging when you already feel like rubbish and as if you are in a different realm...it really helps though. I didn't want to take the stemitil as i'd heard it can hinder a quicker recovery. It is very hard to try to explain to people just how frightening and debilitating having this virus is..in my case I still looked pretty well on the outside but inside I was battling with myself whether to jump off the nearest cliff!! In your recovery you will have good days then bad but slowly the good days out way the bad...you can even think your completely better then it comes back briefly...Cawthorne-Cooksey exercises are what you need to do also practice when the lights are dimmed at night as I found ajusting to darkness increased my dizziness so I counter-reacted it by getting my brain used to it. I wish you all the luck in the world and please stay positive it will pass smile light and love x

• Posted

Yes all of the above sounds exactly like me , until 8 months ago I was an active normal 46 year old woman, I have had all of this ever since been to ENT also they found nothing, say it is all peri menapause!
  • Posted

I haven't been on this post for awhile but thought I would see if anybody was getting any relief from this HORRIBLE DISEASE? I had a couple of good days, well let me just say, decent day....Never a good day. Mine is still here after 2 years and I have to say today I wish I could find a cliff near by because I would be over it... Very BAD day for me, I feel like I'm having another stroke. My brain is wanting to come out of my head, my anxiety is as high as the clouds, my ears are ringing so bad that I can't hear anything else. My vision in one eye is so messed up it scares me so bad. I don't want to live like this!!! I have seen the numerous Doctors and tons of bills too with NO answers. I am thinking I might need to continue on with another dr. We all know something is wrong with our bodies and we can't explain it to our friends and families. I fake feeling good with my friends but on the inside, I want to DIE !!!! I just have no words for this horrible disease, whatever it might be... Sorry for the doom and gloom, but I'm feeling defeated today.
    • Posted

Yep, I feel your pain never a good day, and every test done still no answers!
    • Posted

So Sorry you have to experience it too. Keep in touch if you have a "miracle" happen.
  • Posted

Hi.just been reading about all the problems everybody still got . I've had the same problem no for 15years. Had every test going and mri.

And all come bk that theres nothing wrong. Ive been doing alot of research and ive come across

CERVICOGENIC DIZZINESS

This fits every symptom ive got .going bk to the doctor's today to put this to him .hope this helps

• Posted

hi darren... have you found any releife yet? and did it end up being CERVICOGENIC DIZZINESS?? please let me know if you found the magic cure...im feeling hopeless. but i do have sever neck stiffness and pain so im trying to relate it to that as well.... 
  • Posted

Hi there. What you describe it's what I felt for months. 9 months ago I started feeling all these symp. The palpitations, the dizziness and everything that you described. I had all tests in the world done. The only thing that helped was cymbalta which is an antidepressant. I was totally against it but since I have been taking it, I feel better every day. It never goes away completely but I can live my life normally and enjoy my day. I hope it will go away one day all completely but if not. I can definitely live my life like this and I am so thankful I feel much better to take care of my 5 year old.
    • Posted

hi Ken. what was your diagnoses finally? do you also have very stiff neck? did you have an ear check... my symptoms are exactly the same and no one can figure what it is... some say its all anxiety but i doubt it cause i have it at the calmest times in my life. pls help 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.