Lack of appetite

Posted , 9 users are following.

For the last 2 days I have no appetite. It has been 2 weeks sober and I have been fine but these last 2 days nothing. I ran 4 k yesterday and 6 today so technically I should want to eat...but nothing...no appetite.

Could this be a part of the detoxing even after 2 weeks?

1 like, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I am 22 days sober and I have had a roller coaster of either being starving or not hungry at all, no in the middle for me. I barely ate for two weeks then this weekend I craved sugary cookies cakes candy everything then had tons of chips and pretzels. I think it is just all a part of our bodies balancing all out. I'm new to sobriety so I can't tell you what is going on just wanted to tell you my story and what I'm going thru. My stomach hasn't been right the first week or this past week but was okay in the middle, very confusing. Either way I'd rather deal with this then the self loathing feeling waking up after a binge. I dream I have relapsed pretty much nightly. I hate that. So hard to snap back into reality but nice when I do. Hope your appetite comes back

Best of luck

lori

• Posted

Thanks Lori. Good for you on the now 23 days. Glad your feeling better. Thanks for sharing your experiences with me
    • Posted

Hello and I wish you the best of luck with your recovery.I am sober 6 years after a big binge with not drinking. I went thru AA for several years and stayed sober until I got bored with the drama that went with it. I also felt as though I was giving a sales meeting and took AA in the wrong way and it didn't work for me. I just woke up one day with Gods help and haven't had the desire to drink. It was so easy when I made the decision not to drink. It is hard for alot of people but I guess the attitude has alot to do with it. Do it for yourself and not anyone else and remember if you don't drink you can't get drunk. All you habits will change but you let them and things will go your way. I just believe it.Thanks for sharing and good luck.

• Posted

Hi Stan. I tried AA also and like you it was not for me. I didn't like the drama either. So for a long time I found it hard battling it out by myself. I'm really fortunate to have people like you who take a few minutes to remind me of why I am here and that I can do this. Thanks.

16 days now sober. ?

• Posted

Your message made me smile because it was very relatable to me. I didn't seek AA although I have seen it work miracles for many and have watched others fail. For me, it was just something inside me that I knew I wanted and would do and wouldn't accept failure anymore. I'm truly so thankful and I do know without God I would still be in my same cycle even though I'm sure now I would be much worse, at the end it was getting so bad. I didn't remember any conversations or promises or had to pretend I knew what people were talking about when really I was blacked out drink more than anyone apparently realized. Tomorrow is day 26, man am I thankful for that and will continue to be smile

Thanks for sharing with me Stan

• Posted

No appetite, or Nauseous?
    • Posted

Actually a bit of both. Last night I went to bed without supper and during the night felt nauseous. Today I ate supper even though I didn't have any interest and felt nauseous agai

• Posted

How's your energy level the last few days, especially around 3-6pm? Also, how's your sleep? Any anxiety?

I have severe anxiety and it kills my appetite. 

• Posted

My energy level is through the roof. I can not stand still and have tons of energy. Sleep is good except I wake up 3 to 4 times. I have nice dreams.
  • Posted

After I stopped drinking I went onto sweet foods and still eat too much of it.  I guess it's the body adjusting etc? 

• Posted

HI Smiley. I am guessing that you are in USA from "potato chips" and all fine since you are trying to hard to stop. Energy level is high which is typical and apperite is up and down. YOu are certainly going in the right direction!! best of luck..Robin

• Posted

Actually from Cananda. Thanks Robin. I know many people on here are from the U.K. and chips are fries over there so I guess I should have called them crisps. Lol! ☺
  • Posted

Try Chocolate, youghurts or Milk with plenty of Strong vitamin B or Thiamine if you can get it. smile Al

• Posted

Good point. I take my vitamins and make sure that my meals are balanced but I do not drink milk. I will add some into my diet today and see if it helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.