Lack of appetite

Posted , 9 users are following.

For the last 2 days I have no appetite. It has been 2 weeks sober and I have been fine but these last 2 days nothing. I ran 4 k yesterday and 6 today so technically I should want to eat...but nothing...no appetite.

Could this be a part of the detoxing even after 2 weeks?

1 like, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

2 weeks is so wonderful...but the body does take time to repair itself...

I'm sure it wasn't happy with the 4k run (and CONGRATULATIONS for making it to the run).

I'm sure in some ways your body was happy....but it is possible the run surprised your body.  I wouldn't worry too much about it...as long as you continue not to drink....all the bodily systems will regulate themselves.

I'm glad you made it to the run.....

• Posted

Thanks Misssy. I thought that appetite was only bothered for a few days so I am just surprised that my body is not feeling 100% yet. Energy and spirt are there. ☺
    • Posted

Hold on to the energy and spirit and everything else will straighten itself out.

• Posted

How is your appetite?

• Posted

Hi Misssy,

Not really back yet. I do not have any desire to eat but I make sure that what I eat is good. Yesterday I got to a good amount of calories and I had more energy compared to Sunday. Sunday I felt like the wicked witch of the west. Unapproachable, grumpy (actually grumpy is a big understatement), wanted just to be left alone and by the end of the day had my car keys in my hand and told my husband that I was going to get wine.

I didn't. I know better and could not face myself in the morning. It took everything I had not to and what made me put down the car keys was my husband. Funny but he said exactly what I say to myself as I battle it out in my head. He said that I will be disappointed with myself in the morning and that I should ask my little "peeps"(that what I call you guys on the forum. I do not talk about anything here to him he just knows that you guys understand and help me more than he can) what they have to say about going to get wine. I put the keys down, went to my bed, curled into a ball and watched a movie.

• Posted

And also my husband stopped drinking at home and also cut down his drinking at darts to 2 beers. I did not ask him or make him feel in anyway like he should and when I asked him he said that he is just not interested in drinking either anymore.

• Posted

I actually woke up this morning...and I thought...GEESH..its hard enough to WAKE up in the a.m.....how did I EVER do it drinking?

Thank GOD you pushed thru it.

Since you are going the no alcohol route...how about trying Campral?

It works good for me..another member on here..gets sick from it...everyone is  different..you hardly think about drinking (if it agrees with you).

I'm thankful...lorin mentioned God in the above post...i also would not be where I am today without God.

Pray, eat ..and don't hold stuff in.

"peeps" LOL..that is what my friend calls me and another friend.

• Posted

Ha, Misssy and smile - we are also "peeps" here in UK.  Cute aint it.

• Posted

The doctor told me this and it did come to pass.

?He said Stan don't worry when you get your appetite back you will eat.

?I start walking even when I didn't want to and it helped. Please don't get in the bed and start watching movies. You addiction will go to that it is looking for something to go to believe me. Make new friends and they will help you. As a old friend of mine told me Stan I liked you better when you was drinkiing. Guess what I like him better too...Good Luck...

• Posted

I love it as well. Its true lol there's so many people I thought I liked while drunk turns out now I see they aren't even decent people.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.