Lack of sleep and extreme tierdness

Posted , 5 users are following.

i have underactive thyoid and fibromyalgia, and since Ocober i get rarely a constat night sleep, any help im not old enough for sleeping tablets, is there anything i can do?

0 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Has your doctor told you that you are too yung for sleeping tablets?
    • Posted

Yeah, they told me I'm too young to get them from them, and I ended up having to go to CAHMs where they told me to go to somewhere else and they'd help with my Fibromyalgia and to mention it to them but we don't think they'll give us anything straight away, we also don't have an appointment for the one after CAHMs yet xxx
    • Posted

Hi Charley

What does CAHMs stand for?

Are you in the US?

Jean

• Posted

Hi Charley

I have just been doing some research into natural remedies for sleep disorders. This forum does not allow anyone to recommend websites but if you google Sleep Disoders, or Sleep Clinics or Sleep Disorders Clinics then you will come up with a selection of clinics in London and elsewhere where they have a team of people especially trained in sleep disorders of every possible type and who can further recommend or advise on natural remedies.

Hope this helps. If you PM me I can send you the links. I have no personalexperience of such clinics etc but they appear to be well structured with highly qualified doctors of medicine, psychotherapists etc, etc.

Jean

• Posted

thankyou, i will do, and im not sure what CAHMs stands for but its something like childs mental heath service

Charley x

• Posted

HI Jean 

Iam asking is this antihistamine phenrgan  (promethazine) or something else 

Thanks 

• Posted

Hey Charley

I got strong antihistamines from my doctor as an alternative to sleeping tablets, they are non addictive and if I take them around 8pm I am usualy ready to sleep about 9.30 -10pm.

Good luck x

• Posted

Hello Charley:

I am an RN and live in the USA. 

Having Fibromyalgia and low thyroid, you would think you would be sleepy. Many people with HYPOthyroid have fatigue/ tiredness. It is amazing you do not.

You need to avoid Prescription sleeping pills as it is bad for the liver and can be misused and accidentally cause death.   Your liver is a major organ and all medicines go through that.  Being on sleeping pills can cause the liver to have to detox all of that and in time damage it.  Also sleeping pills can interact with other drugs you may be taking. 

Maybe because you are young, you have extra energy.  Try a few safe and natural remedies.  Take a warm bath, listen to soft music, and some Nightime teas have been known to make people sleep bettter.   Avoid any soda or caffeine from 6 p.m. on.  Do not drink a lot during the evening as it  causes you to get up at night to urinate. 

Also if you can exercise in the day and that may help you rest better at night.

I hope this helps.

• Posted

Hi Charley and Shelly

harley pleasee take on board what Shelly has just written. I am a retired nurse in the UK. I fully endorse what Shelly has written.

Please avoid drugs especially sleeping tablets, paracetamol , nsaids, etc, etc. They can do more harm than good and often even serious side effects are with held by Big Pharma.Statins are a shining example of this.

My brother has just passed away through liver disease caused by another drug. Alcohol!

Alcohol like drugs is metabolised by the liver. Drugs such as paracetamol can cause liver failure.That is why in the UK they are only allowed to be sold in small quantities. However havingsaid that even small quantities of paracetamol can damage the liver and should be avoided if possible.

Some people are quite blase, careless when it comes to taking medication and thonk that because it can be purchased over the counter without a prescription that it is safe. This is not the case.

Please do take on board what Sghelly and myself have written because we are worried abbout people and care for them.

Kind regards

Jean

• Posted

Hi Shelly

I fully endorse everything you have written to Charley.

I was thinking of writing similarly when I first read Charley's posting but I held back. I just wanted to see if you would respond and what you would write!

I could not agree more with what you have written. I avoid mdication as much as possible because it has caused so many serious side effects over the years. I am particularly upset and aggrieved at the effects of antibiotics which have caused antibiotic toxicity and peripheral neuropathy as has phenytoin and statins.

I have a medical Report from a Consultant physician to that effect as well.

So the message here is avoid medication if at al possible and in the case of someone not being able to drift off to sleep to try natural non harmful remedies such as listening to soothing music, relaxing in a nice bath , reading a book etc, doing a crossword, having a hot drink of milk to induce sleep.

Jean

• Posted

Hello Jean:

I am so very sorry about your brother and you have my condolences.  Alcohol is a drug, and it claims a lot of people.  It is addicting just as a cigarette/pipe is. May your brother RIP.

NSAIDS like Motrin (Ibuprofen) and others can if used long term/ daily basis cause damage to the liver & stomach and heart.  It also raises Blood Pressure.  I know a man who took large doses of Motrin and he was having internal Gastro-intestinal Bleeding and the doctor told him to stop.

If you are on high doses of antibiotics for LONG periods of time you could see GI problems, and toxicity,  but it would depend on the dosage of the antibiotic.  If on it for 10 days or less, not a big deal. 

We need to be careful in taking meds as certain ones will cause damage on long term use. XO Shelly

• Posted

Thank you Shelly

I feel so depressed at the thought of what has happened to my poor brother. It is just sinking in.

With regard to the antibiotics I was astounded to read on Floxiehope that some people can become floxed or suffer antibiotic toxicity after a course of only 3 to 4 days. 

The antibiotic attacks the mitochondria of the cells and cause  damage, the damaged cells then reproduce to make even more damaged cells which result in ruptured tendons, inflamed and swollen muscles, stiffness, throbbing/aching joints and muscles. 

Antibiotics are just as dangerous as chemotherapy drugs and yet are prescribed quite liberally and unnecessarily even in unproven infections. That of course is why in USA their usage is being seriously questioned and why drs are being urged not to prescribe them unless it is vital to do so.

Antibiotics of course can become ineffective as bugs become resistant to them. This is a very serious issue especially when one can beecome infected with MRSA.

Some individuals are more sensitive than others and there are thousands and thousands of cases where popel have suffered serious antibiotic toxicity after a course of 3 to 4 days.

In the case of the florouquinolones adverse reaction can occur immediately, a few weeks or even years after taking this drug.

There are more details about this highly dangerous antibiotic on various websites including floxiehope.

The NSAIDS are another example of an often inappropriateely and over prescribed drug.

These nasty drugs can cause very serious side effects such as kiddney failure, asthma, bronchospasms, bleeding from the gastro intestinal tract.

asty drugs that can cause all kinds of side effects including gastro intestinal bleeding Lupus. etc, etc.

These drugs are massive money makers for Big Pharm. Some of the stronger NSAIDS contain small amounts of codeine which is addictive. It is SO why are these drus on the market if they are so dangerous?

The answer is because they bring in massive profits for Big Pharma.

The stronger versions of the NSAIDS contain elements of codeine which is an opiate and drug of addiction as well as being a pain killer.

opiates should not be taken for more than three days at a time because they can lead to addiction.The side effects of codeine is a big topic in itself.

Drugs should be treated with great caution because of theeir serious sside effects. Hope this info iss helpful and mayeven explain some of the signs and symptoms that we are experiencing particularly when it comes to neuropathic pain, depression, anxiety, muscular aches, pains, stiffness and swelling.

Jean.

• Posted

Hello Jean: 

That is true about over prescribing antiboitics, however for many years now doctors do not prescribe them as much. Only true cases where they have a serious germ/bacteria are they prescribing it now.  Yes, certain strains of bacteria have gone resistant. 

I work in the Emergency Room and have not seen doctors doing excessive prescribing of antibiotics.  I suppose GP's  in private practice used to do this more than hospital doctors.

If used to treat an infection and for 10 days or so, it is okay. It is when you see long term use or high dosage antibiotics  used that cell damage would occur.

I do agree that all meds like NSAID's  and other Narcotics can cause major problems down the road.  It can bring on all sorts of problems with the liver & kidney, etc....

XO Shelly

• Posted

Thankyou all for the replies,

Shelly i do have Fatigue and thats what the lack of sleep is, they put me on Aytriptyline bt that didnt help, and even when i go to bed at half nine and get up at 8 oclock i am still extremely terd, and thats why im seeking help, thankyou for your advice, ill take it on board

Charley x

• Posted

Hello Charley: 

I am sorry I misunderstood what you were saying.

In your original post you did not say you had any fatigue.  You said you wanted sleeping pills.  I used in my reply "fatigue/tiredness" since some people do not know any medical terminology.  So from what you say, you wake up tired.  Have you had a Vitamin B-12  level checked? Are you sure your TSH level is normal?  Have T3 & T4 levels checked, since one can be low ? 

You will need to see a doctor who knows fibromyalgia as there is a treatment for it. I will PM you the you tube address for a treatment for Fibromyalgia so check your acct. We are not allowed to do it on the posts.

I do believe your Fibromyalgia is keeping you from getting proper sleep. However it is the nature of the syndrome to make you very tired and has to do with too much phosphates building up in the blood system and cells.

Be Well XO Shelly

• Posted

sorry, i do wake  up very tierd, ive had alll of my vitamins tested and recently had the thyroid test, which says im on the correct dosage, im trying to get my mum to take me back to the doctorss to talk about the hosphates to see what they can do, thankyou very much x

Charley x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.