Ladies - I need your expertise. Swaying, Dizziness, Headaches

Posted , 10 users are following.

This forum is my life-saving therapy. I never had headaches until perimenopause. In May, I had my first period that spotted and last only one day. My headache was also the worst one ever - in fact, I had my first migraine with dizziness. The dizziness hasn't really gone away. It isn't horrible - there is just a constant swaying/off-balance feeling. I had my ears cleaned out -so its is not wax. The ENT just chalked it up to the migraine and said it will go away eventually. Three weeks past and PMS started along with another big headache. Dizziness was back stronger again.

I have done Epley Manuevers. I am taking motion sickness meds (tried bonine, dramamine and now homeopathic). I also started Butterbur to stave off the hormonal headaches which seem to be almost constant due to shortened periods, close together, ovulation etc. One dose of Butterbur did seem to knock it down. I will see how it does long term since I just started it.

Has anyone had this situation? Any other advice? I guess I really want to know will this pass once I make it to the other side - menopause. Is this just my body trying to handle the dips of hormones?

I suffer from IBS, IC, heart palpitations, etc so I am used to symptoms of peri. The dizziness feeling/off-balance is really making me crazy.

Thank you.

Jen

1 like, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Edited

Thank you for the specific primrose info! I know. I haven't skipped yet either. My cycle has dropped from every 28-30 days to 22-23 and instead of lasting seven days I am now down to 1-2. 😃. All the best!

• Posted

Hi im in perimenopause and month ago i had a bad migraine , ever since i have had constant dizziness it feels like I'm on a rocky boat . It has been tne worst i can bare,y leave the house , and as you do i get the heart palpitations . What has really helped me is acupuncture a couple of treatments and im able to get back i to life again , hormonal imbalance is a shocker for dizziness and headaches so i would highly recommend acupuncture as it gets all the energy flowing and helps the liver and kidneys which help rid your body of toxins and keep hormones in check. I see this post is a couple of years old so i hope you are getting some relief . Dizziness is debilitating and scary . If you can find a great practitioner of chinese medicine and acupuncture i highly recommend it . Hope you are doing well xxxxxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.