Ladies with Glandular fever

Posted , 8 users are following.

iv had glandular for 10 months

I feel I get worse around my monthlies, start to feel more anxious, legs ache and become very fatigued

just wondering if any other ladies have had similar?

and for those that are better do all these symptoms disappear as the virus lessens?

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Lisa,

I hope you don't mind me posting even though I'm not a lady! Although obviously I can't comment on particular monthly cycle issues, it definitely seems to make sense to me that symptoms would be more intense around those times given your body is going through that process / few days / period of extra stress.

Just hoping everything settles down for you Lisa and hoping so much you can start to see breakthrough and turning point. It was 10 months for me when I started to see a change, and the second year, although still took me time to build up strength, resilience and confidence again through that, was a year of recovery Lisa - so hang in there and hoping so much that 2019 is going to be your year of recovery. There is hope thanks to God! Symptoms definitely lessened as time went on into that second year was my experience Lisa, until just felt normal again, thanks to God only.

Thinking about you and hoping these awful symptoms settle and cease once and for all.

Craig

• Posted

Thank you Craig for replying

this virus is horrible

I guess all we can do is remain positive and ride it out, such a long process..

Glad to know that you have come out the other end and that the symptoms do finally go away and you feel normal again.

• Posted

Definitely Lisa you will get through this and get better. I remember feeling at the kind of stage you are at now where you are just not sure at all if your body strength or resilience of feeling 'normal' again will ever return - but believe me Lisa it does over a period of time.

I really found Year 2 was one of hope and recovery, just so grateful that I didn't feel as bad as before and bit by bit God got me there and back to full strength again - and truly believing that will happen for you too. It's hard to see at this stage when things have been going on for so long and you feel just drained physically, mentally and emotionally - but you will find new strength Lisa and you will feel better again, truly I believe that given me own recovery experience and reading so many others who really started to experience breakthrough and major steps towards fully recovery during that 10 to 18 month phase. I know it's different for everyone though so hard as it is just try not to put timescale on it and look too far ahead, just dealing with and getting through each day when coping with this thing is a big achievement Lisa I truly remember that!

Thinking of you and keeping you in thoughts / prayers.

Craig

• Posted

My daughter has this problem with mono. Any added stress to the body seems to trigger this virus.

• Posted

Hi Lisa,

Absolutely, hormones has been one of the biggest triggers for me. Actually, the first few months into my illness before I knew what was going on, I thought I had developed some kind of intolerance to my own hormones. Because it all started with me getting joint pain, body aches, flu like symptoms and extreme fatigue the exact day of my ovulation every month for about 6 months (when hormones spike drastically). The symptoms would diminish over the following week and then hit again with full force right before my period. It was a very predictable pattern that followed the hormone shifts of my cycle. So I started taking the progesterone only pill to stop ovulation and periods all together, hoping that that would fix my problem. But it only "evened out" the symptoms so that I felt equally bad during the whole month. Now over a year later I am almost completely recovered but I am still on the the pill as I am a little worried that the symptoms might come back if I quit taking them. My plan is to stay on them for a while longer until I feel more confident in my recovery so that the body is stable enough to handle the hormone shift. (I am 28 btw).

• Posted

Thanks Isabelle

I'm 42 and a sole parent with 2 young boys, this year has been absolutely horrible, iv had so many symptoms I wouldnt know where to start

Thank you

• Posted

May I ask how long you have had the virus?

and what symptoms were last to go?

• Posted

Hi Isa

I too am currently doing this. Anything to try and get some stability back into my body. Its not good to do for the long term but. May I ask what symptoms you still have remaining. Thankyou

• Posted

Hey Isabelle,

Great to hear from you again and hoping very much that any change in medication can come at the right time and not cause any upset, it's very understandable to be apprehensive about these things given what you've been through and the experience of this virus. Hoping so much for a good Christmas and 2019 for you Isabelle. believing you are going to keep getting stronger and and in another 6 / 12 months your body will be even more resilient and healthy again than it is now - truly believing that as I remember after a year starting to feel better, but after two years feeling even much better again!

Craig

• Posted

My remaining symptoms are feeling anxious, low mood off and on, sore leg muscles,fatigue, the last month the symptoms had lessened until it was that time of the month..

• Posted

My symptoms started in March 2017. They came on slowly over a period of about 6 months where I could function normally but felt achy, shaky and fluey on and off according to my cycle. October 2017 is when became really sick and didn't start to really recover until one year later. So a total of about 1,5 years but truly ill for 1 year. The last symptoms to go were achy arms, anxiety/low mood, a weak/wired/shaky sensation that almost feels like adrenalin rushes and nerve pain in my ear and jaw.

• Posted

When I don't sleep enough or stress too much I will still get slight achiness in my arms and some nerve pain behind my jaw/under ear which I have had since the very beginning of my illness but 10 times worse. So even though I have all my energy back and have even been to the gym a few times, those remaining symptoms are still a reminder that my body has that last bit of stabilizing to do.

• Posted

thats pretty normal for anybody not getting enough sleep ...so glad you have recovered and ate back working out ! cant wait for that day myself !

• Posted

thats pretty normal for anybody not getting enough sleep ...so glad you have recovered and ate back working out ! cant wait for that day myself !

• Posted

That's definitely normal Isabelle that your body is still going through a recovery process even when starting to feel better, but absolutely it will get stronger as time goes on and it's great you have been able to make it back to the gym again - hoping so much for continued progress and good health in 2019!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.