Lansoprazole to Ranitidine

Posted , 17 users are following.

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum I hope I can get a bit of reassurance that I'm not the only one who feels all these strange symptoms!

I'm a 21 year old otherwise healthy female and never had any medical problems until now.

I went to the doctor this summer as I'd started feeling really sick after eating sometimes and often felt like I had liquid stuck at the bottom of my throat. However wasn't sure if it was acid reflux as it didn't often feel like it was burning? He gave me lansoprazole 30 once a day for about 4 months and it worked to keep acid and feeling sick to a minimum but I didn't feel 100%. I went back to the doctor a few months later as the symptoms reappeared when the tablets stopped so he sent me for a gastroscopy which came back all clear. I've also had blood tests and test for H-Pylori all which came back clear. The gastrologist said it didn't sound like acid reflux because there was no burning and no soreness in my throat? Although he said the symptoms I was experienced did sound like reflux. Anyway he basically couldn't work out what was wrong so put me back on the lansoprazole.

I went to the doc yesterday to get some more and she suggested putting me on ranitidine instead to see if it was any better. I started them today (one tablet twice a day) and have felt some strange symptoms! Earlier my tongue and lips was burning and my arms aching and hands tingling!? Are these common side effects from ranitidine? I saw some earlier posters said they'd had a bit of nausea which I don't seem to have experienced.

Could all this (acid reflux, stomach aches, burning tongue etc) be linked to stress and/or anxiety?

Thanks for reading

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had to come off omeprozol because it had caused polips and severe inflamation of the sthomac so they put me on ranitidine and now iv got acid reflux back which i never had with omeprozole

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.