Lapidus Bunionectomy

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all!

I have just been told I need to have a Lapidus Bunionectomy on both feet and I immediately started watching videos of procedure and now I’M FREAKING OUT!!! I’m terrified about the bone cutting and the screws. Has anyone had this specific procedure done? Can you please share your experience with me? I need to know in all honesty, how much pain are we talking?  I’m so scared I’m leaning toward a big fat “NO”.  I’m suppose to do mine 1 at a time so could you please tell me is the pain going to make me regret doing it. 

Thanks so much for all advice and shared experiences. Wish me luck!!

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Oh, I am sorry--I was not clear.  I did NOT have general anesthesia.  It was just a lighter version, but, I was asleep and did not hear or feel anything.  The nerve block was done before I went into the operating room, again, I felt nothing.  This surgery is a  painful one---bones have to be broken and sawed and nerves and tendons need to be put back where they need to be,  The nerve block is a lifesaver for after the surgery.  With the block and pain meds once you get home., life is absolutely manageable
  • Posted

Yes but make sure you keep foot elevated it helps keep pressure off,you will be put out so you won’t know so try not to get scared and I have replied to Diane so read that good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.