Large ovrian cyst and raised ca125 levels

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi I've recently been told I have a 7 by 2 cm ovrian cyst . They took blood and found i have raised ca125 levels and they are concerned. Had my bloods done again and will get results Tuesday. If the levels are the same or higher I'll be fast tracked to see a gyno. I'm 24 with 2 young children and terrified it may be cancer as doc said it can't be ruled out !! Please help I'd appreciate any advice or similar situations

0 likes, 42 replies

42 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Sooo my levels are dropping wich is great ! But now I have shingles. Apparently it's because I've been stressed. The pain I'm in atm is unbelievable, I'm not sure what's causing it though xxx

• Posted

Geeze , you just can't get a break. Shingles is incredibly painful. What did they give you for pain?

• Posted

That's awful Becca...as if you don't have enough pain and stress! Were you able to get it diagnosed quickly enough for the drug to be helpful? Hugs.

• Posted

Yeah I didn't know till the rash appeard and went straight to doctors. They said it will probably scar but I'm hopeful it won't. Hopefully the tablets he gave me will get to work quickly. Thank you hope your well xxx

• Posted

Yeah I never realised it could hurt so much ! I'm on some huge tablets 5 x a day that I can't remember the name of will have to check. Ibuprofen, paracetamol and codene when I need it wich is usually on a night . Hopefully nothing else will crop up lol Ive had enough xx

• Posted

They do commercials here for the vaccine stressing how painful it is. I just can't believe after all you've been through you have to feal with this! Unbelieveable. Praying for mild case and quick recovery!

XXXZ

• Posted

Hi Becca, I went through this at your age too, and the severe pain turned out to be torsion or twisting of the cyst. Had 3 laparoscopies and one laparotomy for the one that was in torsion. All were benign and kept ,y ovaries (went on to have an amazing son now 21). At 48 going through it again and waiting for dr to tell me what plan is. My  left ovary is 7cm and they couldn't find the right one on ultrasound. Seeing surgeon today. I also had shingles at an early age and learned I have several autoimmune issues including hashimotos and celiac. Polycystic ovary disease sometimes affects women with autoimmune issues, don't know if that's already been ruled out for you....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.